Forums

Help › Forums

Let us Owners Clean Up WGT and hope they help

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 17 2017 3:14 PM (23 replies)
  • alosso
    21,054 Posts
    Sat, Apr 15 2017 4:07 AM

WGT has deleted some inappropriate pics and denies those players to install new ones. They wouldn't chase customers off their premises too easily though.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Apr 15 2017 5:14 AM

WGT are not interested I can tell you that.

I complained regarding clubs using the female form to attract members before and did not get a reply....and considering I admire WGT CS then to me no reply meant no interest.

Now if you wish to post a semi naked woman with a "join and meet me" slogan then carry on. Problem lies with if someone is thick enough to think that's possible then would they be a member you would want.

One of these clubs the owner thankfully has been banned.....not for this pic but for being a total ***.....but a clever one. Well he thought he was.

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sat, Apr 15 2017 5:18 AM

First of all , The open door policy option should be removed , Too many people can join a dead or inactive club , That's where the multi accounts and sandbaggers will go , The legitimate players will not be happy in an inactive club anyway , So get rid of that option , And leave it up to the owners to accept new members .

I see inappropriate pics everyday in the new members section next to the community spotlight ,  The community spotlight is a joke with hacks averaging 55  LOL   .

Me thinks that WGT doesn't want to hire someone to watch these things , It seems the only way to police the cheats and vulgar pics is us , I have sent WGT costumer service many names of multi account users and naughty pics , They take care of it most of the time ..

But its not fair to us that we have to spend time reporting these things all the time ,  Its WGTs responsibility not ours ..  It looks like they have cut back on employees ,  We don't see the mods very much anymore , Perhaps its Top Golf that cut back the work force ? I don't know ..

All these problems can be solved , Hire someone !

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Sat, Apr 15 2017 5:20 AM

bubbsboy:
    Could not agree more, no way anyone gets in our club with those pics or even the odd amazing staus ive read.

Erm, have you forgotten Finny's SEL forum pic? 

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Apr 15 2017 6:19 AM

mkrizan86:

bubbsboy:
    Could not agree more, no way anyone gets in our club with those pics or even the odd amazing staus ive read.

Erm, have you forgotten Finny's SEL forum pic? 

Haha..but that's really him ;-)

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sat, Apr 15 2017 6:41 AM

I am going to play Devil's advocate for awhile. First, I would like to say that there are some inappropriate pictures on some profiles. Next I would like to paraphrase that age old quote by asking "What is inappropriate? Answer: I'll know it when I see it."  Who is to decide?

Next, I need to ask when and where these pictures are observed? Obviously they appear on the profile pages of these players. They also appear in multi-player games and in the pictures that appear with someone's list of WGT friends as well as here in the forum at the heading of each post. Whether I friend someone with a picture I find offensive or not is my choice. The same goes with choosing to play with these people. And since my list of friend pictures goes several pages, I don't always catch when someone has changed their profile picture to something I consider offensive.

And speaking of changing; anytime I change my picture, it changes throughout the WGT site. I do have one picture of Lady Gaga at a ball game showing her displeasure with happenings on field. I have used it several times to show my frustration about something but then I change back to one of my standard profile pictures. Am I too be censored or censured because of this? And who is to decide for me? Perhaps with the new Supreme Court justice, a new case with come forward and a new landmark decision will answer this age old question.

My final thought might be one about vetting your WGT friends. As a player you have a great deal of power over who is pictured on your page as well as who you join in multi-player games. If my club owner lets in someone I object to, I am not forced to do anything with that person and as a final statement of disapproval I can quit the club.

• borntobesting
    9,679 Posts
    Sat, Apr 15 2017 8:25 AM

@ the OP If WGT finds an inappropriate picture they grey it out and the offending member has to change it. If the offending member keeps posting inappropriate profile pictures WGT will block him from posting any profile pictures. And saying let the CC owners clean it up is a joke. One of the most offensive profile pictures I have ever seen on WGT was by a CC owner. WGT does a very good job of keeping the profile pictures clean but with as many members that there are some inappropriate pictures are going to slip through.

• Edgey54321
    547 Posts
    Sat, Apr 15 2017 10:24 AM

Well here is the first negative comment from this post, had to happen I suppose, but lets just clear up what is meant by Country Club owners help clean up.

It is that they as hopefully responsible people which I hope "borntobesting" is will immediately report anything that they feel is not appropriate to WGT not that they need to do anything themselves, If WGT agree they will remove it in what ever way they do so, I personally could not care less how its done just that it is done.

If you saw an offensive picture from a country club owner may I ask did you report it. If you did was it taken down. 

If you failed to report it then thats where we lose out. All country Club owners can be on the look out for pictures that they believe are in bad taste in their club on the new members area  in the friends area and on other owners profile we all have take responsibility, not just shrug our shoulders and say well we cant do anything, any found should be reported to WGT takes only seconds to do so. We can do no more. 

Finally as for the comment WGT does a very good job of keeping the profile pictures clean but with as many members that there are some inappropriate pictures are going to slip through.

My only response is really? if you have seen what I have seen over the past months you would revise that to, WGT need all the help they can get to eradicate these pictures, that's what we should all be doing helping them in a positive manner, not being negative but by being positive we can, not maybe stop them all, but we can at least make people think twice as to what they use as a profile picture.

Thats what I hope and what I will keep working to. Nothing is ever perfect but that does not mean that we should ignore it, or does it in your opinion. If we dont do anything the perverts win that should not happen anywhere in this world let alone on a Computer game.

Alan 

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Sat, Apr 15 2017 11:50 AM

there IS a age limit, so there should be no children

Edgey54321:
    I have children in my club and why should they have to see this type of thing.

• WGTElectro
    90 Posts
    Sat, Apr 15 2017 4:13 PM

Hey All,

Just wanted to weigh in here regarding inappropriate photos as there has been some question as to whether we care or not by posters. We do, and we do everything we can to limit what is up on our site. If players choose to post photos that are inappropriate and break the Terms and Conditions, their accounts are dealt with accordingly.

That being said, this is a huge job as we have thousands of new users each day, not to mention current members deciding to do so occasionally. Even if we had someone scanning thousands of photos each day and that was their only job, it would be too much. We truly do rely on you all, our amazing Community, to report these people so that we can swiftly take care of the situation. I understand this is not your job and we are looking at different alternatives towards ways to deal with this issue as we are tired of seeing these pictures every day as well. We sincerely do appreciate the effort you all put forth to keep WGT as amazing as it is.

In the meantime, please just report any and all individuals who try and degrade this site with their unwanted and inappropriate photos. 

Cheers,

WGTElectro

RSS