Forums

Help › Forums

Private Messaging

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 6 2017 7:54 AM (6 replies)
  • EC2BMe
    1,249 Posts
    Tue, May 2 2017 2:29 PM

I've tried to send Private Mess. to friends, but their profiles don't have the info. above their names to "Send a Mess"..... Is there something I need to change in order to fix this issue?

• Edgey54321
    547 Posts
    Wed, May 3 2017 12:51 AM

You need I believe to look at both yours and their profile page.

Check that both you and they have each other as friends, just because you have someone as a friend does not mean they have you as a friend.

If both of you are shown as each others friends then you need to click on the button to the right of this post that says FAQ Home. When you get that page in the first sentence you will find the words help request, click on that and explain what is happening.

I have never waited longer than one day for an answer, that has sorted everything out.

Home this works

Regards Alan

• Paul1286155
    98 Posts
    Wed, May 3 2017 1:10 AM

Hi,

I have the same issue and this is what I have to do to get the "send message" button and other buttons to appear.

Go to the persons profile page that you want to send a PM to and scroll down to where it says "The Wall"

Press on "View All"

Once the page refreshes you should see all the buttons.

Hope this helps.

Paul

• alosso
    21,054 Posts
    Wed, May 3 2017 1:27 AM

Edgey54321:
    Check that both you and they have each other as friends, just because you have someone as a friend does not mean they have you as a friend.

Really? I don't believe that.

But, the mutual friendship may be messed up if one of the players has too many friends. Above 255 friends, the program acts strange - no status indication, no invites etc. Perhaps the "reverse messaging" to a popular guy might be affected?

@EC: Look at the no. of friends of those friends...

• Edgey54321
    547 Posts
    Wed, May 3 2017 1:35 AM

alosso:
    But, the mutual friendship may be messed up if one of the players has too many friends. Above 255 friends, the program acts strange - no status indication, no invites etc. Perhaps the "reverse messaging" to a popular guy might be affected?

You may be right, all I can go on is personal experience, I regularly message a player who's main aim is to have 5000 friends (Dont ask me why lol) he currently has 4656 and we never miss a message so as I say personally I have not had that problem.

If it continues however then contact WGT

Alan

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, May 3 2017 5:30 AM

Edgey54321:
    ou may be right, all I can go on is personal experience, I regularly message a player who's main aim is to have 5000 friends (Dont ask me why lol) he currently has 4656 and we never miss a message so as I say personally I have not had that problem.

The problem happens with those added after 255. The OP doesn't have enough friends for this to be a consideration, though. Try refreshing the page when you don't see the tab.

• EC2BMe
    1,249 Posts
    Sat, May 6 2017 7:54 AM

Ty very much this advise help.... again ty

RSS