Help › Forums

So where have you been?

rated by 0 users
Sun, May 7 2017 7:53 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BogeyOne
    1,987 Posts
    Thu, May 4 2017 7:42 AM

What other golf games have you played?  I started doing cyber golf about 15 years ago with the game "Chrysler World Tour Golf" and since then have spent significant time on:

Albatross 18 (later renamed "Pangya")

Shot Online

Tiger Woods Golf

Links

The original Perfect Golf game found on Steam (I believe this was changed to Jack Nicholas Perfect Golf).

OGC

All had their positives and negatives but I have returned to WGT after a more than 3 year absence because it just feels like the most comfortable to me.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Thu, May 4 2017 1:36 PM

This is my only online golf game.  I had to kick a raging World of Warcraft addiction a while before WGT.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,638 Posts
    Fri, May 5 2017 1:21 PM

I used to be a big fan of Minnano Golf series (みんなのGolf; known as Hot Shots Golf in Western World,). The game is a typically Japanese-style cute & pretty animation type, far from the WGT's motive, but surprisingly enough, I never felt foreign to play WGT right off the bat thanks to it.

It looks like Mingol 6 is about to be released this summer on PS4. Just a shame that I don't play console games any longer, busy enough to play WGT.

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Fri, May 5 2017 2:08 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

I used to be a big fan of Minnano Golf series (みんなのGolf; known as Hot Shots Golf in Western World,). The game is a typically Japanese-style cute & pretty animation type, far from the WGT's motive, but surprisingly enough, I never felt foreign to play WGT right off the bat thanks to it.

It looks like Mingol 6 is about to be released this summer on PS4. Just a shame that I don't play console games any longer, busy enough to play WGT.

Hi Simon,

Careful man, Don't be giving Top Golf any idea's! ;)

Ken

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,638 Posts
    Fri, May 5 2017 7:33 PM

Kenher01:

Hi Simon,

Careful man, Don't be giving Top Golf any idea's! ;)

Ken

Hi Ken,

I'll be more careful next time. ;-) But I think it's alright because by the after dark avatar they recently introduced, I can tell WGT under TopGolf directives aims to be fugly & ridiculous. :-P

Simon

• pmm711
    5,641 Posts
    Fri, May 5 2017 10:06 PM

SimonTheBeetle:
    I can tell WGT under TopGolf directives aims to be fugly & ridiculous. :-P

We're headed rapidly towards this...

I pray someone sees this is not what the majority wants.  The game is the most realistic simulation out there.  It needs to stay that way.

• txzdave
    1,316 Posts
    Sat, May 6 2017 1:07 AM

Golden Tee!

I did win enough REAL money to be sent tax documents.....I think it was the second or third or fourth version. Top 100 in your region won $100 if I 'member correct.

OR, CA, WA, ID, HI, NV I believe.

Now.......I didn't think it was real until I got the first check.

Never spent more than 20 to get the 100 since I had every bird and eagle on lock. AND......

The Golden Tee rep that serviced our machine gave our staff free rounds and turned the "difficulty" down.           Hmmmm.......Everything but real money sounds familiar.

That F'in cue ball bruised some egos. Spin button killed that one.

~1ona5txzdave~                 It happened. Nate would tell y'all

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Sat, May 6 2017 1:11 AM

pmm711:

SimonTheBeetle:

I pray someone sees this is not what the majority wants.  The game is the most realistic simulation out there.  It needs to stay that way.

The more we play together .....

Oh Paul, I love you & you love .... ;)

PS I think you may have stumbled upon the next Clash theme

Ken

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,638 Posts
    Sat, May 6 2017 4:50 AM

pmm711:

SimonTheBeetle:

+1

When WGT first introduced the Kitten Meow Ball, I was just like "You cannot be serious.", but now I'm kinda concerned that we're really headed towards the above. LOL BTW the girl on the left got a good swing! May have a brilliant career in the future. :-)

• PAGES
RSS