Forums

Help › Forums

US OPEN?

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 6 2017 6:44 PM (4 replies)
  • MYSTAKOOL
    42 Posts
    Sat, May 6 2017 1:38 PM

I don t understand why on WGT that the US OPEN tournament is not played in tiered format. How is anyone supposed to compete with Champion s when your a pro to tour master? Or even in beginning legend tier. It seem s to me that the way it is set up the same people are set up to play and win with the other 9 million of us not even standing a chance to compete. Maybe at some point WGT would change this up . Unless I am missing some thing, Hell I would love a chance to win the Open , But I can not compete with people shooting in the low 50 s . I don t know it just seem s a little one sided if you ask me . I mean how many time  s can you read about the same folk s dominating the field and know you don t have a chance right out the gate. Just saying!     MYSTAKOOL.

• HIOSoon
    208 Posts
    Sat, May 6 2017 3:20 PM

MYSTAKOOL:
    I don t understand why on WGT that the US OPEN tournament is not played in tiered format. How is anyone supposed to compete with Champion s when your a pro to tour master? Or even in beginning legend tier

like IRL, all can try and qualify, only the best make it.

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Sat, May 6 2017 3:39 PM

Champion is just a title if you have the clubs to play from the tips as well as the skills , then you have a chance . Right now Im 1 stroke off the cut line and wasnt even trying when I was playing . I was just playing the course for the fun of playing the game . But at the same time since the winner gets an all expense paid trip to next years Open is why there will only be 1 winner . Keeping playing and practicing and by next year you will be able to play and have your chance as well .

• MYSTAKOOL
    42 Posts
    Sat, May 6 2017 6:44 PM

Thank s I understand a little better now and that does make sense. I appreciate your reply s . I guess I will just have to keep practicing and get some better Club s eventually.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, May 7 2017 5:05 AM

MYSTAKOOL:
    I don t understand why on WGT that the US OPEN tournament is not played in tiered format

The real US Open is not a handicap tournament.

RSS