Help › Forums

putting grid

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 5 2010 1:09 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Mon, Sep 7 2009 8:16 PM

I myself am a fairly newcomer to this game. I realize that my words mean hardly anything, if anything at all, but as Dr King had a dream i have a wish. If a lot of people have the same ideas then progress can be easily made.

^ none of that was neccesary by the way. :)

down to business. the putting grid is great. most realistic way to go about representing putting on this game. a few suggestion to make it even better and improve the game overall.

1: I have been told that this feature at one time was allready existant. I think that allowing everyone in the multiplayer group to see each others break grids would be a great feature. This old feature has many benefits. The most apparent is the use of aid. Players would be able to help each other read putts and/or get a generally idea of the movement of the green in advance to his/her putt. This would allow newer players to grasp the idea of the putting grid much faster, and more novice players to sink more putts, which we all wish we could do :)

2: If for any reason someone has an issue with allowing others in the group to see your putting grid here is another idea i think and a few others think is a good idea (fuzzygazz). Allowing the player to read his/her break while someone else is putting would reduce play time tremendously. This would also allow the player to gain just a bit more confidence before making that sacred stroke. The best idea for this is involving the use of two cameras. One camera view to watch your fellow playing mate, and the other to adjust your putt.

As mentioned way up there ^ I realize that my words do not count for much here, but if more people were to back this idea then we get paid attention to. I do not forsee this as a major change, or in anyway or form of potential cheating. All of my above ideas are things done out on the real course.

Just my two cents worth. I dont usually give many cents away because im cheap :)

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Mon, Sep 7 2009 8:26 PM

I second the motion here! The ability to read your putt while others are putting would be heaven sent!!

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Mon, Sep 7 2009 8:31 PM

thank you blue. I appreciate the feedback. I would love to get a ton of response to this thread; good or bad. The more ideas we get on the table the better. You never know when someones opinion may be the next big invoation of the game.

• vabighack
    463 Posts
    Mon, Sep 7 2009 8:39 PM

I agree also.  It would be a great help.......

• brandi35
    295 Posts
    Mon, Sep 7 2009 9:34 PM

I am with ya 100% Rob!!!!!!

p.s. let's play soon  :)

• Lysti
    323 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 5:13 AM

Sure Lil Rob we could all learn a lot from seeing the grids. I know some people have objected to this in the past but i think it would be helpful to a lot of players. Not only could some of us learn from others putts but we could help out the other player as well.

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 8:03 AM

Rob maybe you got a spark goin on the old forum here.. use to be fun. Anyways the teaching aspect would be a great idea. And give me all I time to read my putt, i need it. Nice idea tiny tiny..trout rule

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 8:05 AM

thank you everyone for your support. its highly appreciated. I realize as many of you realize that these things will probably never take place, but for those who are in favor of this.....cant say we didnt try.

Mr.Fuzz: :)

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 8:23 AM

I agree with being able to see your opponents putting grid.

I can understand not seeing your opponent's aiming arc for drives and approach shots, but putting is different from that.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 9:43 AM

Golf isn't secretive like football. I, for one, would like to see the opp's shot setup, club selection, aim and swing. Then, playing with a better golfer affords you the opportunity to learn while playing.

• PAGES
RSS