Forums

Help › Forums

Hi Ladies, Gentlemen, and Golfers:

Mon, May 9 2011 6:02 AM (3 replies)
  • JimmyS3
    42 Posts
    Sun, May 8 2011 10:29 AM

Hi folks, my name is Jim and my avatar is JimmyS3. Been a member for past month and I am past the frustration of the learning curve. Wish I had known about this game last fall as it could have helped pass a very long winter. Now that spring is here most of my time will be out on the real grass.

I am interested in joining a CC and wondering if there are any in New England or Maine, or at least with members located there?

I have a slow connection so cannot play timed games. I have only tried to play one opponent when I was real new, but my time between shots was 45 to 70 seconds. Being new I was also unable to converse with him or her.

I was also wondering about practice, there is no driving range or putting green that I can find. My short game is in dire need of practice. Any Hints?

Thanx a bunch and I'm looking forward to hearing from someone!

JimmyS3

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, May 8 2011 1:00 PM

JimmyS3:

Hi folks, my name is Jim and my avatar is JimmyS3. Been a member for past month and I am past the frustration of the learning curve. Wish I had known about this game last fall as it could have helped pass a very long winter. Now that spring is here most of my time will be out on the real grass.

I am interested in joining a CC and wondering if there are any in New England or Maine, or at least with members located there?

I have a slow connection so cannot play timed games. I have only tried to play one opponent when I was real new, but my time between shots was 45 to 70 seconds. Being new I was also unable to converse with him or her.

I was also wondering about practice, there is no driving range or putting green that I can find. My short game is in dire need of practice. Any Hints?

Thanx a bunch and I'm looking forward to hearing from someone!

JimmyS3

Welcome.

You can practice anything you like by starting game in practice mode. The scores will not count.

-wgticon

• wildcat18racing6
    420 Posts
    Sun, May 8 2011 4:21 PM

There are a bunch of things you can do to help with your computer. Just look in the forums for tips on how to speed up your computer and help with your connection by using different browsers.  I am from maine so give me a shout if you need any help. good luck and happy golfing.

• JimmyS3
    42 Posts
    Mon, May 9 2011 6:02 AM

Thanx

RSS