Forums

Help › Forums

What's the friken problem?

Wed, May 11 2011 5:01 AM (9 replies)
  • Joeymars1
    3 Posts
    Tue, May 10 2011 10:27 AM

Twice the flag poleblocked me from getting a birdie! Do I have to pay money to the owners of this game to be allowed to get more than a pars?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, May 10 2011 11:30 AM

Joeymars1:

Twice the flag poleblocked me from getting a birdie! Do I have to pay money to the owners of this game to be allowed to get more than a pars?

Hi

On top right, there is a button you can pres to lift the pin before hitting your shot

-wgticon

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Tue, May 10 2011 11:57 AM

WGTicon:

Hi

On top right, there is a button you can pres to lift the pin before hitting your shot

-wgticon

Bam.

Not only that, but have you ever played real golf before? There's plenty of room for the ball to go in the hole while the flagstick is in; however, it is still quite possible for the ball to hit and bounce astray. 

• Steelers75
    239 Posts
    Tue, May 10 2011 1:15 PM

I went through the very same thing starting out until someone told me you could pull the pin.  It is better to pull the pin whether you think you'll make it or not.  On some approach shots the pin in nothing more than a catalyst that will launch your ball in impossible directions as I'm sure you've experienced.

Best of luck and good hitting!

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, May 10 2011 3:04 PM

TheLighterDark:

WGTicon:

Hi

-wgticon

Bam.

Not only that, but have you ever played real golf before? There's plenty of room for the ball to go in the hole while the flagstick is in; however, it is still quite possible for the ball to hit and bounce astray. 

Sure, I and many others have holed out many times within being in. It's all about the speed and angle it comes at. That's it.

Many times, pin will save your shot by stopping it inside 5ft instead of running by 20-30ft. It's all about you deciding when to lift flag and when not based on how you think shot will behave, how much run it will have, among few other key elements.

-wgticon

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Tue, May 10 2011 3:29 PM

Exactly! Though I was direction that comment at the OP. Lol, my fault. :)

• laketee
    15 Posts
    Tue, May 10 2011 7:19 PM

I have had the same thing happen to me several times.It was maddening! Didn't know you could pull the pin-good tip and thanks for that! I have also had the ball roll right over the hole and slowly at that- I would guess that is a glitch. I have had birdies and one eagle and it didn't cost me a cent! Keep trying- fowl weather is coming!

• Shane028
    566 Posts
    Wed, May 11 2011 12:49 AM

WGTicon:

Hi

-wgticon

Useful info Thanks ....Never knew that :)

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Wed, May 11 2011 1:23 AM

There is an Award for hitting the Flagstick... means more points to level up, when you get em.

Cheers

Roger

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, May 11 2011 5:01 AM

A good rule of thumb is if you think you can hole the shot, pull the pin. If you're just trying to get close, leave it in as it sometimes works to your advantage, as WGTIcon pointed out above.

RSS