Forums

Help › Forums

Inaccuracies in game play

Thu, Oct 4 2018 10:28 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • W8ing2Di
    8 Posts
    Thu, Jun 1 2017 4:34 PM

I have wasted far too much time trying to find rhyme and reason to how this game is played.

After many hrs in practice mode, I have come to the disheartening conclusion that this game sucks!

I have a home made ruler taped under my swing meter. I can hit the EXACT SAME POWER every time, and I make notes as to where the ball lands & rolls on a ding.

How is it that at the exact same power & ding, the ball stops on EITHER side of the cup !

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Fri, Jun 2 2017 7:22 PM

W8ing2Di:

I have wasted far too much time trying to find rhyme and reason to how this game is played.

After many hrs in practice mode, I have come to the disheartening conclusion that this game sucks!

I have a home made ruler taped under my swing meter. I can hit the EXACT SAME POWER every time, and I make notes as to where the ball lands & rolls on a ding.

How is it that at the exact same power & ding, the ball stops on EITHER side of the cup !

First of all you are playing with starter clubs.  The specs on them are really bad.  Are you familiar with precision and forgiveness?  They have an effect on every shot.  Use the search feature and look up how they work.  The specs on your starter clubs for those 2 things are really poor compared to better clubs.  So having a precise shot each time is going to be impossible.  The game is made that way to induce variance.

Also it's been said bu some members that the game plays different in practice mode compared to playing tournaments and ranked rounds.

WGT says you can play for free.  They didn't say you would play well with the free stuff.  Just som things to think about.

Good Luck.

• ostfriedel
    2,052 Posts
    Fri, Jun 2 2017 11:59 PM

W8ing2Di:

me too

yes it does

I have some cold beer in my fridge

the Heisenberg uncertainty principle and VEM

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Jun 3 2017 8:37 AM

Notice you are not in a CC...I sent you an invite.

If you want to get all this consistency is against you because of the game out of your head I think you might enjoy the environment.  It will involve some work from you honing your game, but in a way that will get you to a decent standard if you do.  I would say though that it's probably time for investment in a decent set* to help facilitate all that (In the US especially free credits are very possible with offers and so on)...........Up to you:)

*It is also very possible to M at least with starters.

• 1Universurfr
    46 Posts
    Sat, Jun 3 2017 10:55 AM

Thank you for the replies, I will shut up now :)

• gonfission
    2,241 Posts
    Sat, Jun 3 2017 5:08 PM

1Universurfr:

I'm confused

Did you use one of your many other despondent moniker's, from your friends list?

You started off, waiting to die,

Now you're surfing the universe.

So which is it, surfing, or dying?

I suppose you can be "MULTI-tasking", and do both at the same time, as long as the wave is long enough.

Try the "quantum proton", infrared spectrum, is a wild ride 

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Jun 3 2017 7:12 PM

gonfission:
    I'm confused

Me too

1Universurfr:

• 1Universurfr
    46 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2018 4:48 PM

BUSTED !!! Yes I had 2 nics. I used W8ing2Di to see how far I could progress with exclusively FREE clubs & balls.

While using W8ing2Di, I never used my previous experience to cheat or take advantage of another player.

WGT "punished" me by disabling W8ing2Di... and "forcing" me to play on 1Universurfr ( I am so ashamed that I stupidly used my 1Uni to reply to W8ing2Di's thread )

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2018 10:10 AM

W0W, an h0nest pers0n, wh0 knew.

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2018 10:27 AM

This game is from 2008 

'nuff said

• PAGES
RSS