FMAGNETS

Thu, Jun 8 2017 12:42 PM (28 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2017 1:12 PM

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2017 1:13 PM

@ Robert there`s a difference between can I have your driver and will you donate me a driver . The post I was referring to was the one by JayW and not the lowly beggar . Jay was posting in jest and the other was just a begging mutt . How others misunderstood you is on them but your first post wasnt as precise as this one .

Robert1893:

lonniescott711:
    Actually it says " can I have your driver " then they crossed out driver and added skills .  So asking for his skills is nothing to take offense to

But that's not the wall post I was referring to. Indeed, that particular wall post had not even been made when I made my original post above.

Here's a screen shot of the post I'm referring to:

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2017 2:15 PM

lonniescott711:
    How others misunderstood you is on them but your first post wasnt as precise as this one

Not to belabor the point or put too fine a point on it, but my first post didn't need to be as precise because Jay's post on fmagnets' wall didn't exist when I made my first post.There was only Mike's post about a driver.

lonniescott711:
    @ Robert there`s a difference between can I have your driver and will you donate me a driver

The difference is one without a distinction (IMO).

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2017 2:38 PM

Robert1893:
    Of course, no one had been referring to Jay previously.

Of course, because if someone had been referring to Jay....then I would have simply quoted that reference and responded directly to that person....quite possibly regarding Jay and his mirthful nature.

How silly of me.

I'll step aside now and let you good folks get back to your squabble over facts...

• krskfr
    458 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2017 2:47 PM

I like FMAGS as much as the next guy, but who cares if he stops playing (unless of course you're friends with him and will miss his company) - are we to worship the player known as Mags or something? Ya, he's a class act and one of the best in the game, but people come and go... I guess he was more of a recognisable figure for many years and people learned alot from his youtube videos, but i mean get over it chaps lol...10-1 odds he returns for VT... 

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2017 3:22 PM

Jerm65:

Of course, because if someone had been referring to Jay....then I would have simply quoted that reference and responded directly to that person....quite possibly regarding Jay and his mirthful nature.

How silly of me.

I'll step aside now and let you good folks get back to your squabble over facts...

Apologies. I meant no offense.

I guess I have a different take on this thread than you. I don't see any "squabbling" going on as much as I see it as a discussion. And with any discussion, either virtual or in person, there can be misunderstandings. It happens (either due to imprecision of writing or people not taking the time to read everything properly).

Regardless,  I'm just trying to clarify things, from my perspective. Personally, I've always thought clarification to be a good thing! :-)  Moreover, I simply want it clear that nothing I posted had Jay as a target. That's all.

Be well and keep it in the short grass!

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Thu, Jun 8 2017 10:55 AM

I don't see why he couldn't quit.  Hell, I've quit a few times for several months at a time in all occasions.  Things can easily get boring if you do it long enough - moreso when you're that good.

I've had multiple MP opponents ask me "doesn't this get boring for you" after I make a few consecutive long putts or a HIO or a few pinhunt approaches - and I'm nowhere NEAR him in talent.  He's already mastered the game.  He might be out for another challenge.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Jun 8 2017 12:14 PM

He is on a 3 week vacation, someone is messing with you, with his blessing....

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jun 8 2017 12:42 PM

fatdan:

He is on a 3 week vacation, someone is messing with you, with his blessing....

LOL. Was patiently waiting for the reason.  :-D

RSS