Thu, Jun 8 2017 12:42 PM (28 replies)
  • BMX123
    631 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2017 5:23 AM

x

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2017 5:31 AM

The link in his profile status still works.

https://www.youtube.com/c/fmagnetsWGT

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2017 6:34 AM

And someone has already posted to his wall, "Hey, since you're gone, can I have your driver?"

Sheesh!

Edit: To all who won't read the whole thread: not that post to his wall... the other one! 😀

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2017 6:40 AM

Robert1893:

And someone has already posted to his wall, "Hey, since you're gone, can I have your driver?"

Sheesh!

That's a lie, that isn't at all what is there.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,638 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2017 9:17 AM

Cashed in 13 Amazon Cards at once before quitting... How much is it worth, USD 3,250?

Sounds much less than what he actually worked played for.

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2017 9:28 AM

YankeeJim:
    That's a lie, that isn't at all what is there.

You're correct, Jim. That is not all that is there. But, then again, I didn't write that was the only thing posted to his wall. So, I'm not sure how what I wrote could be characterized as a lie.That's especially so since someone did (basically) post on his wall what I wrote above.

Cheers!

Robert

PS: I simply thought it was poor form for someone to post that to fmagnets wall. The guy didn't appear to be friends with fmagnets. I suppose maybe he was, and it just no longer shows on his friends' list. But still... "hey, you're leaving, can I have your stuff" lacks tact (IMO).

I wasn't taking a shot at fmagnets; I was taking a shot at the person who posted that to his wall.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,638 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2017 9:47 AM

Hey Robert,

Don't sweat it, man. Your message was very clear to understand even for a non-native English speaker like me so I believe it was for most of people as well.

Cheers.

Simon

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2017 9:52 AM

@ Simon

👍

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2017 9:56 AM

Actually it says " can I have your driver " then they crossed out driver and added skills . So asking for his skills is nothing to take offense to . As anyone can see the person who posted this on Mags wall wasnt really asking for anything and it was done in jest . Also we all know that you cant gift your clubs and gear so again nothing was said that would be offensive .

Since it`s on Mags wall it would be for Mags to take offense and no one else .

• twinponds169
    3,028 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2017 10:08 AM

Been watching this since he posted goodbye on his blog a week ago. This is a big loss to the game in general, IMO, he was and is a class act and gentleman. The peculiar thing though is he seems not quite gone. He is still on the roster of his country club and every day I've checked for the last week, his "last round" date on the CC roster moves up a day and is current including today. Seems he may be just playing a practice hole or something to keep things alive.

Another thought has been maybe he needed some extended time off for personal reasons and did not want to take the chance of leaving 2 mill in credits sitting there, in case WGT was not around when he returned, lol.

RSS