Forums

Help › Forums

FMAGNETS

Thu, Jun 8 2017 12:42 PM (28 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2017 10:19 AM

lonniescott711:
    Actually it says " can I have your driver " then they crossed out driver and added skills .  So asking for his skills is nothing to take offense to

But that's not the wall post I was referring to. Indeed, that particular wall post had not even been made when I made my original post above.

Here's a screen shot of the post I'm referring to:

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2017 10:21 AM

twinponds169:
    Been watching this since he posted goodbye on his blog a week ago. This is a big loss to the game in general, IMO, he was and is a class act and gentleman

I didn't know him personally or virtually, but everything I've heard from people agrees with that, with the odd detractor.

It's a shame. He sounds like one of the really good guys on here.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2017 10:36 AM

He didn't quit.

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2017 10:58 AM

lonniescott711:
    Actually it says " can I have your driver " then they crossed out driver and added skills . So asking for his skills is nothing to take offense to . As anyone can see the person who posted this on Mags wall wasnt really asking for anything and it was done in jest .

Given the source, you're 100% on that one Lonnie.  It's definitely in jest.

Jay won a trip for two to last year's US Open...and took Mags along as his guest.  I'd say that with a history like that, even if his post didn't happen to be in jest, it still falls into the category of "reasonable requests".  ;-)

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2017 11:04 AM

LOL, anyone considered that he might be on vacation, sick, or needed a break from the grind? Why would anyone quit and keep their daily play streak alive...LOL

I'm betting he plays in the Open...

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2017 11:30 AM

+ 1 above.

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2017 11:51 AM

fatdan:

I also doubt he's going to stop playing for WT in the World Cup.  

Whether he carries on or not isn't really anything we need to worry about.  I'm sure he has his reasons for doing whatever it is, be it a short break, long break or permanent leave.

I was lucky enough to play a few rounds with him ages ago and found him to be a thoroughly nice and helpful chap.  If he quits then the game will have lost a great ambassador.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2017 1:00 PM

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2017 1:01 PM

Jerm65:
    Given the source, you're 100% on that one Lonnie.  It's definitely in jest.

Of course, no one had been referring to Jay previously. But, as the Great Communicator reminded us, facts are stupid things. :-)

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2017 1:06 PM

MainzMan:

fatdan:

I also doubt he's going to stop playing for WT in the World Cup.  

Whether he carries on or not isn't really anything we need to worry about.  I'm sure he has his reasons for doing whatever it is, be it a short break, long break or permanent leave.

I was lucky enough to play a few rounds with him ages ago and found him to be a thoroughly nice and helpful chap.  If he quits then the game will have lost a great ambassador.

+1 Damian - he really was a shining beacon in murky waters.

RSS