Forums

Help › Forums

10 Years!

Wed, Jun 28 2017 1:15 PM (33 replies)
  • srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Fri, Jun 9 2017 1:51 PM

Well, today marks my 10th anniversary at WGT. June 9, 2007 I was introduced to WGT by a  fellow member of a group that socialized online while playing online and played real golf when one of us traveled the country.

All but one got frustrated with personnel,  poor customer treatment and left after a few years. By then I was interacting with so many good people on these forums I stuck around. I actually quit playing totally a year and a half ago (I won't rehash why) and have been just hanging around the forums ever since.

The game has grown tremendously. When I got here there were less than 40,000 members worldwide and that included both employees and test accounts.  The various options for gameplay and the courses now are a far cry from the only nine holes of CTTH with starter equipment we had then.

Enjoy what you can. We all want to see improvement but we're not Gerald McGrew and we don't run this zoo.

• opyeuclid
    6,708 Posts
    Fri, Jun 9 2017 2:03 PM

Good for you Sir , I am at 8+ years myself and stay mostly for what friends are still here and the forums , It has been fun to watch the game grow and change , see players come and go , and a shame to see some of the good people we have lost ....

OPY

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Fri, Jun 9 2017 4:13 PM

Well sir congratulations on your anniversary here at the game . Sorry that you no longer find the play enjoyable and I also understand why you stopped .My official 6 years will be this coming Sunday and it has been fun . I too still enjoy the forums as well and also miss the ones who have left the game no matter their reasons .

We have lost some to illness and others to time but at least we have the memories of the happiness they left behind . :-)

• Beryman
    9,098 Posts
    Fri, Jun 9 2017 4:14 PM

huge congrats !! ... 10 years is quite an achievement

nice to read your post...you always have a positive attitude

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Jun 9 2017 5:20 PM

Congrats SR on lasting this long! One of the good dudes.

I too found this game when it was only 9 holes of CTTH - I left thinking it had potential.....then found it a few years later when I saw an ad for The Open at Andy's. I had to create a new account and have not looked back.

Yes the game sure has come a long way, but also never has hit it's potential - so there is still hope lol

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Fri, Jun 9 2017 5:33 PM

Thank you, everyone. It would be interesting to see how many of us from that long ago are still active. I'm sure there are a few that have been here at least a month or so longer than me. I think they started letting us sign up in late April of 2007.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Fri, Jun 9 2017 6:52 PM

Jan. 2011 for me

Gary  (woodo)

• bigrayyy
    53 Posts
    Fri, Jun 9 2017 6:59 PM

May 2010 so I just had my 7th anniversary...I'm a rookie compared to a lot of folks here.  The reason I stay is I still enjoy the game and have made a lotta good friends here.  The game still has issues but I certainly adapted to them over the years...but if I ever played 9 holes with a smooth meter it'd be a miracle   lol

Rayyy

• joemt825
    124 Posts
    Fri, Jun 9 2017 7:06 PM

December 2008 here.  I remember the first U.S Open at Bethpage.  I think a 70 qualified. 

• ozysouthpaw
    2,952 Posts
    Sat, Jun 10 2017 12:02 AM

Feb 2008 for me.

Am I right in remembering you could adjust your aim or ball flight by moving the avatars feet? I seem to remember some different type of adjustment you could make.

Mind you, that could also have been from one of the many bad dreams this game has given me over the journey lol.

Cheers.

Ozy.

RSS