Help › Forums

Let's write a short story

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 14 2017 6:56 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BogeyOne
    1,987 Posts
    Tue, Jun 13 2017 12:23 PM

Continue the story with 3 to 25 more words and feel free to end the sentence with a period if you want. Wait for someone else's addition before contributing again.  It is not necessary to retype the story from the start when you contribute.

I will start the story now with:

The sun rose slowly

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, Jun 13 2017 12:40 PM

The sun rose slowly in the west.  That's when I realized I must be trapped in a John Wayne movie.

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Tue, Jun 13 2017 12:42 PM

BogeyOne:
    The sun rose slowly

giving rise to the expectation of a day filled with clichés.

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Tue, Jun 13 2017 12:44 PM

The sun rose slowly in the west.  That's when I realized I must be trapped in a John Wayne movie.

It was a very very slow news day.

• Donko58
    183 Posts
    Tue, Jun 13 2017 12:58 PM

T he sun rose slowly in the west. That's when I realized I must be trapped in a John Wayne movie

It was a very very slow news day.

And that's when I also realized that I must be dreaming as the sun actually rises in the east. This must all be part of a very eerie nightmare.

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Tue, Jun 13 2017 1:08 PM

The sun rose slowly in the west. That's when I realized I must be trapped in a John Wayne movie. Giving rise to the expectation of a day filled with cliches, It was a very, very slow news day. My GPS had been acting up again, and seemed to be about 180 degrees out of whack. Either that, or I must be dreaming this as part of a very eerie nightmare.

• BogeyOne
    1,987 Posts
    Tue, Jun 13 2017 1:21 PM

"Help me, help me!" I screamed to the silent sky.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, Jun 13 2017 1:33 PM

Note for those too young to remember:  In the final scene of the John Wayne movie about the Vietnam War The Green Berets, the sun sets in the east.

Most of us took this as an accurate representation of Wayne's political acumen or lack thereof.

• blindpugh
    433 Posts
    Tue, Jun 13 2017 3:38 PM

BogeyOne:

Continue the story with 3 to 25 more words and feel free to end the sentence with a period if you want. Wait for someone else's addition before contributing again.  It is not necessary to retype the story from the start when you contribute.

The sun rose slowly

as I sprinted to the cludgie before I shat myself.

BogeyOne:

The sun rose slowly

• santa084
    114 Posts
    Tue, Jun 13 2017 3:59 PM

I heard this story already. The butler did it.

• PAGES
RSS