Help › Forums

all country clubs

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 30 2017 3:37 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • sshawn34
    66 Posts
    Fri, Jun 23 2017 4:49 PM

looking for a cc that is friendly and plays matchplay or alternate shot on a daily basis as i like to play live matches but not much of anything else or just want to be my friend. ty wgt memmbers.

• ChacK6542
    438 Posts
    Fri, Jun 23 2017 7:18 PM

Hi Sshawn34

Come have a look at Piojosos.

http://www.wgt.com/clubs/piojosos_country_and_bochas_club/default.aspx

Have sent you a invite and be more than happy to have you join us.

Many Thanks, Chack

• BillyHighbeams
    297 Posts
    Sat, Jun 24 2017 12:08 AM

Hello, are you looking for a awesome Country Club to join? Well let me tell you about USA Military  Veterans Country Club of course we are a club of present or ex Military and the guys in the club are a great bunch of guys. Now here is what we have to offer, there are always Club Box tournaments going on, we have League tournaments that last about 2 or so months that is a lot of fun we play for personal trophy's and sometimes prizes, a group of us get on every morning and play a round or two together using Skype so we can talk and laugh as we all play and if you have never played with others using Skype  well your in for a pleasant treat it is honestly like playing out there on the course for real with your buddies. We also have members of the CC that are willing to help you with your golf game they will mentor and practice with you sharing all their knowledge of the game with you and I can guarantee that your game will improve 100% if you let our Legends and Champions work with you on your game also we have shot of the month winners, we do hole in one trophies and so much more. All I have left to say is if you want an Active, Fun, Knowledgeable and Team orientated CC well look no further because you can make your WGT home and CC right here with USA Military Veterans Country Club. So pull up our Profile page check us out and send us a request and we will process you in as quickly as possible. 

My name is Billyhighbeams and I am the Tournament Director for this outstanding Country Club and now that you have met me come and meet all the other great people in the Club. Hope to see you soon. 

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Sat, Jun 24 2017 11:49 AM

Weird.  We actually have an alt shot league at the club the OP used to be a member of.  And one of his friends posted in the thread that it's hard to find members from the US who play.

Go figure.  Or other words beginning with F.

• cougarclaw
    138 Posts
    Sat, Jun 24 2017 12:36 PM

May I extend an invitation to join us at , " RED GREENS CC "  I am The owner/manager and I would love a regular  alt shot partner . I am an avid player currently at 145 consec days played . I am in the " Atlantic Time Zone " so if any of this sounds appealing to you , dont hesitate to reply/join . CougarClaw

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Jun 24 2017 2:49 PM

MainzMan:

Weird.  We actually have an alt shot league at the club the OP used to be a member of.  And one of his friends posted in the thread that it's hard to find members from the US who play.

Go figure.  Or other words beginning with F.

When I first saw this thread last night, the OP was a member of a very good club, being Bridgestone (he has subsequently left...or hopefully booted out).

An active club and I have played many a round in AS with their members....why the OP could not....hmm

Me thinks it is good riddance 

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Sun, Jun 25 2017 10:37 PM

I've been in contact with Shawn and we're cool.  Obviously I'd have preferred it if his forum post had been worded differently but I there was no malice involved, as so often happens someone wrote what seemed OK at the time but with hindsight it could have been said somewhat better.

Been there, done that.

• Paul1286155
    98 Posts
    Tue, Jun 27 2017 12:29 PM

I have been in a couple CC's now and they seem to be all the same.

They promise you a good time, lots of active players and lots of tourney's to play. Some have special tourney's and other things as well.

What I have found, I have more people out of the CC that I play than inside.  They all want to be friends at first but witnin a week or so they are all back in their little clicks and won't give you the time of day. Even when they are green just sitting there.

Why isn't there a CC where everybody will play and just have a good time. Maybe there is one but I haven't found it yet, and kinda skeptical about leaving my CC and going to another.

A lot of people I play are not friends and are not in a CC.  They seem to play more games without having but a few friends and will set up games for anyone, because they like to play. I know how to get a hold of these people because we exchange emails.  I play more with them than anyone else.

Just my observation!!!!

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Jun 28 2017 1:21 PM

Paul1286155:
    I have been in a couple CC's now and they seem to be all the same.

Perhaps a lot of CC's are the similar but not all.

I have only been in 3 since I joined although I have left my CC when I took a break from the game.

First club was large (250) and I, as were most members, was just a number.

2nd was small (13) and we played pretty much daily together - it was great but then a couple of players stopped playing and it was time to move on.

A friend suggest I join my current CC, (we try to limit membership to around 50) and I have never even considered another club - this is my last CC.......unless the miserable sandbagging owner boots me :)

I can honestly say, if I am green, if other CC members are on, I will always get an invite, and I will reciprocate to any member, regardless of skill level (bear in mind, lowest is Legend).

I can assure you, every game is fun, regardless of outcome and every member I have played with (probably the majority) are all really good people - people I could sit down in real life and chat to like we have known each other for years - that is the difference between many of the clubs IMO

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Thu, Jun 29 2017 12:37 AM

alanti:

Perhaps a lot of CC's are the similar but not all.

Agreed Alan.  While I have many friends outside the club I think there is always at least 1 other Stoner in the group when I play an alt game, usually 3 out of the 4 will be.  A Stoner that is, not stoned  :)

Our membership is currently close to 100 but it's generally the same 20 who sign up for anything on offer.  I'm planning to have a sort through soon and see who never plays CC rounds, what's the point in being in a club if you never take part in anything? 

And if old 1i ever manages to get his lazy butt round to kicking you out you know where you'll always be made very welcome  ; ))

• PAGES
RSS