Forums

Help › Forums

Unexplained game issues

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 28 2017 6:30 AM (2 replies)
  • WWilliams46
    91 Posts
    Sun, Jun 25 2017 6:04 AM

I am not usually one to complain publicly preferring normally to simply send a bug log or a help desk request but every now and then I have some "strange" moments that make one wonder.  Combined with the lack of response in my opinion I would like to know how many others are of like opinion.  Here are my 2 latest examples of strange events which are by no means all of them, only a small percentage as example.

Playing Oakmont just before we lost the course I have a lie on the tee that turns out to be 2% sand lie.  I did not see this at first as who looks to verify the lie on a tee ?   I hit the shot wiht my driver (R1, I think it is #17, it's the par 4 you could drive)  The shot proceeds to duck hook out f bounds to the left on dinged shot.  After the "what the h___" I uttered I saved the replay and sure enough a 2% sand lie ON THE TEE ???  I sent the bug log to WGT and then followed up with a help desk but simply was told "sorry about that"

Fast forward to yesterday on Whistler #3. I hit a driver that lands in the rough despite a ding and no effect from a 12 to 14 left wind but hey maybe the mountain blocked it right?  So I have a 40 to 50 rough lie wit 54 yds. to the hole.  I try the full 60 yd. wedge as it is a short distance to the front of the green and "safety" only to go zero yards and be told I lost ball in the water hazard.  I tried again with the 80 d. wedge (I know, probably not the wisest choice) and got the exact same result.  So then I turn around and try to hit backwards to the fairway and then the ball moves FORWARD toward the green by 4 yds. ??????'

On the surface It would seem poor play but wait for it.......please explain how one can lose 2 balls in a water hazard that does not exist ?    There is no water on the hole ????   I am at a loss for words ?   I am not the best player in the world by any stretch of imagination and I play this game to have fun with friends and enjoy a little competition as much  as the next guy but when unexplained events like these happen at an alarming regularity and there is virtually no response from the powers to be then the fun begins to fade.  Don't get me wrong, I am not perfect and I make my own share of bad shots and I live with those, but as a saturated Champion I have learned a decent amount about this game in over 3.5 years but I just get tired of these issues that never seem to get better.

So, thank you for the opportunity to vent & rant and I would be curious how many others are as frustrated as I am ?  I have literally had friends step away from the game, yes I know it is just a game, for the same reasons I point out.

WWilliams46   AKA Wayne

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Sun, Jun 25 2017 12:20 PM

On replay, the lie indicator shows the final lie rather than the original.

A few courses have impossible lies (KIA, MER), and Whistler is no exception.

Can't explain that 4 yds shot.

Other than that, the courses are as they are - some adjustments may have been made as "the invisible branch" ain't named here too frequently now - so, take it like a man.

No pun intended.

• Hackaroon
    31 Posts
    Wed, Jun 28 2017 6:30 AM

lol...You need to quit apologizing, especially when you're paying money to better your game. Apparently WGT makes a big % of their profit off of your golf balls so you're going to lose balls and exclaim "what the H___?, how could that happen?" many times, like it or not. So, if you do express frustration, there's always someone here who comes running in defense of the program.

And as for your last paragraph, yes I know others feeling your same frustrations. But remember, It's just a game! You've got to pay for tickets if you want to see the circus right?

RSS