Help › Forums

Game play

rated by 0 users
Sun, May 22 2011 2:46 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2011 11:33 AM

GEEEZ LOUISE--one legend tells you don't play, another legend explains quite honestly the constant loss of balls and money due to a very inadequate meter that is at best a crap shoot most of the time. I just read in another post where ICON stated that the meter is the best it can be and he has no problem with it. That, if you ding there is a minimal margin of error. With that said, I suppose there is nothing else to say. Just don't trust the winds, and beware of the slight margin of error when it says it is 2 ft to the cup when it is actually closer to 3. Just don't hit 3 , you'll go 2 ft past. Hope this helped clarify things. Oh TBE I agree with you 1000%. I have not lost as many balls in 45 yrs of real golfing as I have since the Callaways became available on this site. Who is recycling the balls from the burn on Nbr. 1 at SA? We should be able to just roll over that by now.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2011 2:07 PM

To all with meter problems..

This is a fact, no made up B.S.

Your meter is internal to your computor. If you dont play with the minimum system

requirments and you have a problem..there is a reason for that minimum.

You need to keep your computor bug free. There are tons of good programs out there that do that.

A good graphics card does wonders, as well as a quality I.S.P.

Running a good browser engine is imperitive, such as google chrome for 1 example.

After you have made the preperations for each shot, take a good slow 5 count before stricking the ball. If your meter skips during your swing, its because the cpu is still busy downloading the hole graphics..

Make sure your virus scanner is turned off while playing and turn off all back ground programs that you dont need while playing. 

I get maybe 1-2 meter skips every three rounds or so. It is manangeable.

When I played TWO id get a few skips with that meter too.

good luck and have fun.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2011 2:46 PM

One thing to add to  danohi50,

You must wait after you move the aim point. All the data from anything you do, change clubs, change shot type, move the cursor, etc has to be transmitted and returned.

I play at home (very fast internet) and at work on breaks (very slow internet) and the difference is astounding. Same laptop (I take it back and forth). At work, if I do not wait at least 7-10 seconds after changing things all hell breaks loose.

Happy hitting

• Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2011 8:46 PM

Soulcatcher:

One thing to add to  danohi50,

You must wait after you move the aim point. All the data from anything you do, change clubs, change shot type, move the cursor, etc has to be transmitted and returned.

I play at home (very fast internet) and at work on breaks (very slow internet) and the difference is astounding. Same laptop (I take it back and forth). At work, if I do not wait at least 7-10 seconds after changing things all hell breaks loose.

Happy hitting

Great tip Soulcatcher, I'll try that. Have you got any tip for the suddenly speeding meter near water traps?

• Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2011 8:53 PM

LizzieRossetti:

The point you make Slotster,is entirely understandable.When I first began I too was unable to comprehend those low scores,but I didn't let that stop me from trying to achieve the same.

Consider this for a moment then.In my case,I shoot fairly consistently between 29 and par,that at the moment is my level.Way back when,I was also consistently shooting 38 to 45s.What changed was that I became better at most aspects of the game.This I would say,could be called relative and as such it would imply that someone shooting 25 to 30's is no different other than they have a better handle on the game than I do.

With time,patience and eventual ability,I too will be shooting those 25 to 30's and I will not be using anything other than my own ability to do so.It would be unreasonable to expect then,that I would suddenly start shooting back in the 38-45 range would it not?

Ability then,could just be the "something" to which you refer.

Lizzie xx

Lizzie I said before that I believe the very top players like bollox, avatarlee are such good people that I wouldn't believe they'd be untrue to themselves by using cheats, however to believe nobody uses tricks to their advantage would be short sighted.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2011 11:07 PM

Damn Sanco, you took the time to quote her?

:)

• Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2011 11:12 PM

What can I say mio caro Baggese, I rather enjoy SOME of her posts... ;^)

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2011 11:30 PM

:) 

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sun, May 22 2011 12:44 AM

It's incredible... I actually understood every word Lizzie said, without having to read it 10 times...lol

Cheers

Roger :)

• WoofDawg
    20 Posts
    Sun, May 22 2011 2:46 PM

wow so intelligent

• PAGES
RSS