Forums

Help › Forums

G20

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 7 2017 11:34 PM (6 replies)
  • alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Fri, Jul 7 2017 1:54 PM

It may be far away for most of you but it's relatively close to us - to me. I'm about 500 km away but my heart is closer since my youngest son lives in Hamburg, and I visited him recently. On Tuesday, we've been sitting in a relatively peaceful "Schanzenviertel" for a coffee, but apparently the protests are most severe there right now. He said a minute ago, "I am safe", but that is probably owed to sheer luck, at least partially, since he has seen fires in close vincinity before.

I dread those guys who create rumpus for the sole sake of it!

Talking about the big stage, I for one obtain positive signals from the one-to-one talks of the world's top guys and gals. There is hope as long as they can look into their counterparts' eyes!

God bless all those who believe in peaceful free speech, and let's keep up World Peace!

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Jul 7 2017 2:07 PM

G-25s superceded them and still remain the smart choice of 1st  iron sets to buy.

At 1st I thought you'd broken t&cs by starting a political thread....

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jul 7 2017 2:33 PM

PaulTon:
    At 1st I thought you'd broken t&cs by starting a political thread...

I don't think he was being political at all, the G20 is important to the whole world . If my country's leader was perceived as the new leader of the free world as alosso's is, I'd be interested in what was going on, too.

• overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Fri, Jul 7 2017 2:54 PM

alosso:
    God bless all those who believe in peaceful free speech, and let's keep up World Peace!

This sums up this G Summit 

Putin---->        smiley with bomb emoticon  Hey,,how ya doin President Trump?

I'm doing okay Vlad. Give me  a minute. I'll be right back. smiley throwing bomb emoticon

• gonfission
    2,241 Posts
    Fri, Jul 7 2017 3:14 PM

PaulTon:
    At 1st I thought you'd broken t&cs by starting a political thread....

Hey, who be stealin my chit?

Awe, forget it. I be splittin for the summer anyway..

• Shyoneclub
    62 Posts
    Fri, Jul 7 2017 6:21 PM

When you post that much you pretty well do what you please

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Fri, Jul 7 2017 11:34 PM

I must be careful, too - see my blog.

But this, to me, is more personal than political and doesn't take sides, does it?

(and it pretty much looks like a "my clubs" thread - inadvertent camouflage)

RSS