Forums

Help › Forums

Hey WGT

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 10 2017 3:27 PM (23 replies)
  • Hackaroon
    31 Posts
    Fri, Jul 7 2017 2:10 PM

I just bought these golf balls. They were expensive. There's nothing wrong with them. QUIT TAKING MY DAMN GOLF BALLS!!!!!!!!!

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Sat, Jul 8 2017 9:01 AM

'Water', 'OOB', 'Lost Ball', 'Brush' sometime even 'Last Hit' takes your ball out of play. That's just part of the game, But smart players only buy balls they can afford to loose without complaining. Vent if you must, but play Smart!

To some who play 450 to 750 credits is just a small cost for  good entertainment. To others like myself, that it takes 2 or 3 month to earn the credits to buy equipment to play with, not balls, we learn to hit the 'ROCK' and not complain.

I'm not wanting to start conflict, I'm just showing a different perspective. THANKFULNESS:)

Siders Best

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Sat, Jul 8 2017 9:49 AM

An' I thought Beta Man had retired, hmmm, might have to start posting the " Ball Theft Index " numbers again.

Doc :)

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Sat, Jul 8 2017 10:20 AM

Hackaroon:
    I just bought these golf balls. They were expensive. There's nothing wrong with them. QUIT TAKING MY DAMN GOLF BALLS!!!!!!!!!

I have a couple of friendly suggestions.

First, you might want to consider a less expensive ball while you learn the game. At 250 credits/sleeve, I think the Callaway Chrome Soft (L33+) is the best value in the pro shop.

Second, you might want to consider checking your inventory for how many balls you actually have. I only mention that because, a while back, there was a player on here who kept purchasing balls when he got the notification that he was on the last hit of his ball.

He interpreted that as saying he was out of balls. When he checked his inventory, he actually had well over 20 balls in inventory because he was purchasing sleeves all the time. And you seem to purchase a lot of balls.

Now, the second point may not apply to you. But if you're losing balls a lot, then I would strongly suggest cheaper balls, as I note above. I used the Callaway Level 33+ balls until I reached Legend tier. They're great and not too expensive.

• NyneAyron
    24 Posts
    Sat, Jul 8 2017 10:21 AM

I bought some expensive balls once I think I have one of them left. I quit using them and went back to hitting the starter balls again, the meter is faster which sucks but I haven't hit a ball out of bounds or in the water since switching back. Coincidence, or visitors from outer space? We may never know.

• Hackaroon
    31 Posts
    Sat, Jul 8 2017 6:54 PM

I am only talking about when WGT decides my ball is worn out and takes it out of play, which, besides being too much like gouging your members for extra profit, is totally ridiculous. Yeah I lose balls quickly enough, so I don't need WGT stepping in if I'm not losing them fast enough. I don't take something that belongs to you, you don't take something that belongs to me. It's that simple......period.

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Sun, Jul 9 2017 10:49 AM

@Hackaroon

Well, then I respectfully disagree with your premise. As has been pointed out on these forums, when you purchase balls, you're basically purchasing a license for the life of that particular ball. All balls have a life expectancy, which is indicated (to an extent) by its stated durability.

The bottom line is that, like in real life, balls wear out. Now, granted, there's been a lot of discussion over the years as to the rate at which they wear out and the cost of the balls when compared to real life. Many have suggested that, in comparison, the balls are way over priced. Nevertheless, to play the game, there's no requirement that a user actually buy balls. Free ones are provided.

As an aside, people rarely (if ever) talk about the cost of clubs in comparison to real life. The clubs on here clearly do not reflect real life prices. Additionally, the clubs on here never wear out.

All things considered. I just don't agree that the cost of balls along with their durability raises to the level of being ridiculous. That's especially so because WGT provides a way to earn free credits to pay for balls (i.e. for those in the US; I realize outside of the US, it's another story).

• gonfission
    2,241 Posts
    Sun, Jul 9 2017 11:56 AM

Robert1893:
    The bottom line is that, like in real life, balls wear out.

Or, easier, lost balls in real life.

Yesterday; Brewster, MA.

The Captains Course, Port Side, 18, of a full 36 hole course, your buddy can invite a friend that asks which club to use, after teeing off, on every hole. Usually a good sign starting off, he may not know what he's doing...

When on the 11th, an elevated tee, He drives (slices) one to RI., being a nice guy, I give him another. CT. was his target this time. "MC" if you find a Pro V 11, it's mine.

Wait, it gets much better.

I give him another. This time he pounded it into grass so tall, at the bottom of the hill, the Statue of Liberty's flame, would not ascend high enough, to protrude from it.

Two more follow it.

I ain't goin in after them.

Here, have another. Yep we were just laughing our balls, LITERALLY, OFF.

May I have another? 

Another

Another

Another

We stopped him at ten.

SO if you think your balls are expensive in here, send up a tee time, to the nearest course, at your local, and I'll send John down.

You'll understand the cost of balls, REAL quick.

I am NOT making this up. Another 4 some pulled up, we asked if they wanted to play through, they said, "No, we're enjoying the show". I shyt you not.

Then as if the hand of the golfing gods themselves, touched him, somewhere special, just a guess, he could chip & putt the shiznick out of the rest of the holes.

I was way to busy laughing, to even pretend, I could golf at that point.

Go figure

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sun, Jul 9 2017 12:06 PM

Life is stranger than fiction sometimes Joe.  

To the OP:  Do you pay a green fee on most of the courses here?  No they are free.  It's been said by many that you should consider ball life being the equivalent to paying green fees.  You (and many others) have complained about this before, and it hasn't changed yet, and probably never will.

It's time to either live with it, use a cheaper ball, the starter ball, or move on..

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Sun, Jul 9 2017 3:29 PM

@gonfission

If nothing else, it sounds entertaining. :-)

RSS