Forums

Help › Forums

Hey WGT

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 10 2017 3:27 PM (23 replies)
  • Hackaroon
    31 Posts
    Sun, Jul 9 2017 3:54 PM

It's funny how we refer to "in real life" when it seems appropriate, but the fact is, is that although the WGT game is a great game to play, WGT is still quite a way off from where they'd like to be with this program (unless an investor want's to step in and tell me different) Once again...in "real life" WGT officials (if there was such a thing) wouldn't come out on the course and take your golf ball 'out of play'. IT'S A VIDEO GAME. IF-I-DECIDE-TO-USE-MY-CREDIT-CARD-TO-PURCHASE-BETTER-GOLF-BALLS-TO-PLAY-THE-VIDEO-GAME-WITH, DON'T TAKE THE GOLF BALLS THAT BELONG TO ME! FIND ANOTHER WAY TO MAKE EXTRA MONEY ON YOUR "FREE GAME". IS THAT TOO HARD TO UNDERSTAND??? You guys can defend it all you want. Doesn't make it right.

• Hackaroon
    31 Posts
    Sun, Jul 9 2017 4:04 PM

"when you purchase balls, you're basically purchasing a license for the life of that particular ball" ...uh, nobody said anything about purchasing a license for the life of a golf ball when I purchase a golf ball. So I'm renting it for however long WGT sees fit? LMAO. The logic here is twisted to fit the financial appetite of anyone who has involvement with WGT. A style of doing business that I'm not familiar with, but then again, I'm old school with a moral background.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sun, Jul 9 2017 4:39 PM

Robert1893:

@gonfission

If nothing else, it sounds entertaining. :-)

Robert, I almost fell on the floor I was laughing so hard..

Jeff

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sun, Jul 9 2017 5:45 PM

I see the OP doesn't belong to a CC. I thought about sending him an invitation, but then I thought better of it. I don't want to hear any complaints about the monthly dues or the dining room minimum.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Jul 9 2017 6:32 PM

Hackaroon:
    h, nobody said anything about purchasing a license for the life of a golf ball when I purchase a golf ball

Perhaps a read of the T&C's may enlighten you - we never actually own anything!

Hackaroon:
    A style of doing business that I'm not familiar with, but then again, I'm old school with a moral background.

And my guessing is you have never owned your own business. WGT/TG have invested significant capital to get the game growing and as any business owner knows, the objective is t make a profit.

However, you can play this game for free, but obviously ball sales are one of the best revenue earners from players. This can be offset, especially by US players, via "earn free credits". Of course time is the opportunity cost.

From my perspective, and I do not play a lot, the cost of balls is pretty cheap especially when I derive pleasure from it. Certainly cheaper than most forms of entertainment. and much cheaper than playing real golf. If I did play a lot, I probably would move back to the Cally ball, or even Tour SD I used getting to legend.

We all have choice - how much, if any you want to spend.

To then turn around and complain due to you not completing due diligence (re the Terms and Conditions) is somewhat naive, some may say foolhardy. 

If you enjoy the game, set the parameters what you want and can afford, or use cheaper or free balls. But understand, they do have a limited lifespan - and that will not change.

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Sun, Jul 9 2017 6:43 PM

Hackaroon:
    uh, nobody said anything about purchasing a license for the life of a golf ball when I purchase a golf ball. So I'm renting it for however long WGT sees fit? LMAO.

From the FAQ:

How are these balls different from the ball I already have in my bag?

The golf balls for sale in the Pro Shop will give you some additional benefits over the basic ball you are given when you create an account. The new balls can give you additional distance, spin and feel.

Purchased balls also have a durability factor and they will wear out as you use them.

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Sun, Jul 9 2017 6:46 PM

Hackaroon:
    You guys can defend it all you want. Doesn't make it right.

Golf balls are consumable items. There are no moral principles at work here. And I would guess I've had as much ethical training as most people. So, I believe I would see an ethical or moral principle at work if there were one.

Regardless, play well.

• borntobesting
    9,681 Posts
    Sun, Jul 9 2017 6:48 PM

Most like the OP say my balls in real life don't wear out and they are right. Because most of us lose our balls long before we have hit them enough to wear them out. Plus the swing speed of most of us is much slower than the 120 mph that the pros have that pound the balls into oblivion. With my 80 mph swing the only way I'm going to wear a ball out is blade it. But here we all have 120 mph swings that wear balls out rather quickly even in real golf.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Jul 9 2017 7:03 PM

borntobesting:
    going to wear a ball out is blade it

LOL remember the old Balata balls - cut more than a few in my time! 

And those pesky cart paths can take a right old chunk out of a ball - why are the always right in the landing zone.............a total con having them right and left of every fairway.......

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sun, Jul 9 2017 8:29 PM

K7JBQ:

I see the OP doesn't belong to a CC. I thought about sending him an invitation, but then I thought better of it. I don't want to hear any complaints about the monthly dues or the dining room minimum.

priceless!!

RSS