Forums

Help › Forums

HELP!!!

Tue, May 24 2011 1:42 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JoshTheGreat
    3 Posts
    Wed, May 18 2011 11:11 PM

So you either have to but credits or beat other players who bought credits and better equipment in tournaments?  Wow.

• cappiest
    1,345 Posts
    Thu, May 19 2011 6:56 PM

Ok still no answer.....i will try one last time....after that i am selling my equipment....gifting the remaining credits and removing myself from WGT...thx for nothing WGT......

• oneeyedjohn
    9,570 Posts
    Thu, May 19 2011 10:00 PM

Hey cappiest ( great nic btw ),

I'm new and eager to improve.

I'll give your credits a good home and spend them wisely.

I am disabled and gettin a bit old, so any help is appreciated.

My sincere thanks in anticipation

Yours

OneeeyedJohn

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Thu, May 19 2011 10:27 PM

JoshTheGreat:

So you either have to but credits or beat other players who bought credits and better equipment in tournaments?  Wow.

No... you can just play the game with the equipment the game provides, use the shorter tees it makes it easier to score, and enjoy a free online golf game with beautiful courses.  It is not required that you win tournaments, or even play in them.  You can have friends as members that do the same, just play together from the shorter tees and play matches, alt shots etc.  All free.  However, if you want to be a competitive tournament golfer, if you want to make a name, you have to invest some money.  Either that or have the patience of Job, because it is theoretically possible to earn the credits without ever investing money to upgrade your equipment.  But yeah, to do it you will have to finish high in some low purse tourneys against players with better equipment.  Can it be done?  Of course.  But it ain't easy.

Let me ask you... two guys go out on a golf course to play a round.  One has invested a couple thousand dollars in golf equipment.  The other is using the clubs his parents bought him in high school.  I think the guy with the new, expensive equipment is at a definite advantage.  So, my question is, why would you expect it to be different here?

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2011 5:19 AM

did you need somebody

not just anybody?

-G

• JoshTheGreat
    3 Posts
    Tue, May 24 2011 1:37 PM

Because most games offer a free (yet extremely slower) way to advance without actually spending money.  Most games allow users who don't want to pay any money to compete with those who do, they make it annoying, but they still offer a way to do it.    I am new here and was just curious...

• JoshTheGreat
    3 Posts
    Tue, May 24 2011 1:42 PM

Also, in real golf, the skill of the golfer drastically outweighs the quality of the equipment, which is the opposite here.  Thank you for answering my question though buddy..

• PAGES
RSS