Help › Forums

Tour Pro to Master - the changes.

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 18 2011 6:47 AM (2 replies)
  • victorypark
    8 Posts
    Tue, May 17 2011 10:56 PM

Howdy guys and galz,

I have just been elevated to Master tier and was curious from those who have been in a similar position, obviously many, as to the obvious changes one would expect or notice upon the elevation. 

Obviously where you tee off from has changed and the courses are of course longer so par 4's seem particularly hard to make as to par 3's.

Anything else and anyway I can change my game (besides practice) to help negotiate this new level.  i.e. club selection from the pro shop et al.

Many thanks and all advice appreciated.

Cheers,

Ash.

Melbourne, Australia.

• BenRC
    381 Posts
    Wed, May 18 2011 12:34 AM

I just moved up from Tour Pro to Master last week and ive tried not to get too ahead of myself at the moment....first of all you're probably getting decent at the game simply because you advanced, thats for sure. As a tour pro, all my equip was Raptors,and used them for the beginning stages of Master.Im comfortable with them but obviously you realize you need a stronger arsenal. My 1st purchase and treat when I was able to level up was the Ping G10 8.0. Im working it in slowly but surely,but you must get use to the meter, and u will,simply because you need that length on some of these courses.  When 1st using the new driver, I saw alot of places on these courses that I had never seen before....lol...not alot of fun. I also know that im going to eventually half to upgrade to a better iron set.

Having the best putter that you can get is a must in my opinion....As far as changes in the courses, they are everywhere, greens, tees etc. etc.

Im not really a technician here, I play by feel,the main advice I can give from my standpoint is just the way I'm doing, trail and error.

Eventually if I stick with it here and time allows me, I might make legend and so will you.

Reaching the upper echelons of Legends for the both of us though is going to depend on how much work we're willing to put in and also a little thing called talent helps a great deal to say the least....

Good Luck to Ya.......Ben

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, May 18 2011 6:47 AM

Hey VP, all I can say is practice, practice, try, and try again. I have found it very difficult to shoot an under par round since making Master. Guess it's just me and my fumbling finger but it has been a struggle. I was 66.04 as a TP, went to 78 as master, 1st game was a 39. Took me forever to get back below 70. What I have done is enter a lot of AS games playing with Masters and above. This has helped due to their tips and just watching what they do. Good luck to you, stay at it, check out other masters, and tour masters. Look at their scores and what equipment they have.

Ren

RSS