Mon, Jul 17 2017 3:55 PM (2 replies)
  • MaggieMcDivot
    20 Posts
    Mon, Jul 17 2017 2:20 PM

~Edit~

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Mon, Jul 17 2017 3:45 PM

The only thing I can tell you is that it's well established that a player needs 500 ranked rounds at Legend tier and an average of 60.000 to advance Tour Legend. And, as an aside, WGT is not going to state definitively what the criteria are.

Once you meet the criteria, advancement to the next tier happens automatically. I suppose it's possible there's a glitch with your numbers. But I suspect the simple reality is that you still haven't played the requisite number of rounds at Legend tier.

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Mon, Jul 17 2017 3:55 PM

MaggieMcDivot:

~Edit~

Not a bunch of wise guys that have no clue.

You have got to be kidding me! I provide you with a balanced, reasoned response as to why you haven't tiered up, and you replace your post with this!?!?!

Seriously. Someone... anyone, please tell me what is so bad about what I posted. Lately, this place has become bizzaro world.

Edit: By the way, here's a post from WGTadmin about tier advancement:

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/298068/2131470.aspx#2131470

We use an algorithm to determine when a player is eligible to move to a new tier as well as computing the average, which takes into account a number of factors including number of ranked games played.  These numbers scale by tier, so it's necessary to shoot a lower average to advance and to play more games to reach higher tiers.  For example, when you reach Tour Master, you will need to play a larger number of ranked rounds than you had as a Master, maintaining a low average, to tier up to Legend.

Additionally, in response to WGT player feedback about sandbagging (misrepresenting one's true ability to gain advantage by playing at a lower tier from closer tee boxes), WGT is using more than just ranked stroke play scores to determine each player's average score and appropriate tier ranking.

For obvious reasons, WGT is not sharing exact details of these changes, but they include factoring in scores from players who perform well in tournaments and challenge games for credits. We still encourage the community's feedback on Sandbagging, but believe this is an important step to reducing the practice and keeping the game fair.

Finally, most of our top players have posted close estimates for players to try to gauge their progress in advancing tiers. Here is a good thread to read:

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/9085/707139.aspx#707139

RSS