Forums

Help › Forums

Chipping Sucks!!!!!

rated by 0 users
Thu, May 19 2011 4:52 PM (5 replies)
  • WT220
    2 Posts
    Thu, May 19 2011 12:41 PM

Attention WGT developers.  You have got to fix the awful chipping characteristics of this game.  There is absolutely no way to finesse a short shot from just of the green.  When you try a four or five yard shot from off the green without overshooting  dramatically, the ball travels less than a yard.  Where is the realism in that.  Please do something to correct.

Signed,

Pissed Chipper

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Thu, May 19 2011 12:42 PM

You'll get the hang of it. It just takes practice. Try the flop and pitch.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, May 19 2011 12:48 PM

One simple rule fixes your finesse chip-never swing less than 70%. You see what that does. It's how the game tries to replicate what you would actually do IRL in that situation. You wouldn't take a full swing, nor would you baby it-you just know how hard to swing from experience. Same here. Also, the first bounce from a chip should be on the green.

The Chip and Pitch Tips under the FAQs will help a lot.  GL

• WT220
    2 Posts
    Thu, May 19 2011 1:17 PM

Great tips.  Thank you.

• MrACSharp
    1 Posts
    Thu, May 19 2011 2:20 PM

If you are more then 15 yards away, grab a lob wedge and use a full swing and just scale down the power.  That way you won't need to worry about catching the fringe/rough and not getting enough roll on the ball.

• DarSum
    1,440 Posts
    Thu, May 19 2011 4:52 PM

I don't use chip, pitch or flop. I use my flop wedge full shot. I've holed way more shots with it than I ever did using the others.

RSS