Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Meter "gone wild"

Sat, Aug 5 2017 9:27 AM (24 replies)
  • SoCalJim23
    430 Posts
    Fri, Jul 28 2017 10:51 AM

I've been playing WGT golf now, for just over 3 years.  No real "meter" issues until about 3 months ago.

Though I have 2 Anti-Virus protection programs on board my laptop computer....as well as 3 very good scanning programs (that remove cookies, history....all the junk that can mess with my meter).......it's become nearly IMPOSSIBLE to play this game any longer.

Playing with Google Chrome......tried Firefox, that doesn't work any better.

I have to believe, I'm far from being alone here.

If WGT wants to lose a TON of active players and revenues.......this "bad meter" situation could be a major problem for them.....going forward.

I'm about to pull the plug here.......once and for all.  Doesn't matter how good you are, what tier you're at........without a "steady Meter"......you just can't play WGT golf.

Jim

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Fri, Jul 28 2017 11:37 AM

You dont need 2 anti virus programs as they only run 1 at a time .The same goes for the scanning programs as well . Your first problem is the clutter from those programs . The next is all the apps running in the background . Lastly something has probably updated and now is causing conflicts with your game play . When you overload your computer with useless programs that to has an effect on your computer .

So the problem is on your end now if you want to fix its simple . Remove the clutter to get a smooth meter . All you need is one anti virus running and thats all you can also remove the 3 scanning programs as well . Your anti virus should be doing it all for you so no need for those either .

Try Maxthon cloud browser as most of us use it with little to no problems . Or you can simply google " Best Browsers " for your system and you will get a list of browsers to pick from . So there you go your work arounds . Do what you need to do for a smoother meter or pull the plug and quit .

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Fri, Jul 28 2017 12:09 PM

lonniescott711:
    You dont need 2 anti virus programs as they only run 1 at a time .The same goes for the scanning programs as well . Your first problem is the clutter from those programs . The next is all the apps running in the background . Lastly something has probably updated and now is causing conflicts with your game play . When you overload your computer with useless programs that to has an effect on your computer .

+1

• SoCalJim23
    430 Posts
    Fri, Jul 28 2017 12:27 PM

Hey.....Many thanks for the helpful tips here.

Just before I came back here.....to see if anyone had any comments about "meter issues"...I found another "thread" here in the WGT Forum about meter issues.  One player mentioned that (as you mentioned)....clutter can tend to over load the hard disc and cause the Adobe Flash program problems...thus, a less than smooth meter.

So, I tried going into my "Saved Favorites" and deleting many of them.  I tend to "save" way too many of the web sites I visit.....and they build up.  I need to get in the habit of going thru my "Favorites" and deleting those that really aren't worth keeping.

And, I'll use your suggestion about deleting those extra "scanning programs".  I have "Windows Defender" and "Kaspersky" anti-virus programs on board.  Actually, "Kaspersky" seems to be the better of the 2 programs.  Don't think I should or can delete Windows Defender.....and I paid a reasonable annual fee for the "Kaspersky" program.  I think I can run one or the other...not both at the same time.

OK.....so, less clutter on my hard drive disc = smoother WGT meter.

I did just now try playing 7 or 8 holes...to see if the METER had improved "after" I deleted a bunch of my saved "Favorites"......my meter was MUCH improved.

Thanks for your help here!

Jim

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Fri, Jul 28 2017 12:43 PM

@ Jim if you have 2 anti virus only 1 will run . Go into your settings and make sure the Windows Defender is turned off . It usually will turn off if you download another version to your computer . Also go to CNET and download Advanced System Care to clean your computer or get CClean which works just as good to keep your system clean and junk free . Me personally I use the Advanced System Care as it comes with some other good programs and options that will help your system to run better .Hope this helps you as well .

Lonnie

• SoCalJim23
    430 Posts
    Fri, Jul 28 2017 1:07 PM

Thanks, Lonnie.

OK.....good idea to turn Windows Defender off.

I have been using "Advanced System Care"....a free version, for many months now.  Yes, this is a must have program.  Does a great job cleaning up my computer.

I've been de-cluttering......and it has helped my WGT meter run smoothly again.  I just couldn't figure out the WHY.....after it had been running smoothly for many months.

I'm GOOD now........*smile*.

Jim

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Fri, Jul 28 2017 1:57 PM

run "msconfig" and shut down anything you can in the "start up" tab...

then go to the other tab and check "hide all microsoft" etc. and shut down anything you don't use...

when you play, I shut down the AV and firewall too.....

also go into game options on the game page and shut down any feature you don't need...

With the exception of IE (and for me Chrome), ANY browser properly setup will work just fine...I have tested all of them over the years on several different PC's with different Operating systems and "for me", FF works the best,....all of them work very well but FF works much better on my system.

Even running 2 AV's cause conflicts, they sorta like battle each other

also "defrag" you C: drive

deleting favorites won't do anything for the meter FYI

• Padric3
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jul 28 2017 6:56 PM

Hello, 

this is my first post so I hope I'm doing this right.  My name is Padric and I've been playing fora couple of months and am at the amateur rank.  I have been doing a lot of practicing and I have improved.  A little bit ago i started a stroke play tourney and I started off well with a birdie on my first hole.  The second hole is a par 5 I hit a decent drive and ended up where no camera could tell me where the hole was, I couldn't even see why every swing didn't go anywhere, so after my 7th or 8th swing and having the ball remain where it was i got a wee bit irritated and just started mashing the keyboard and i was able to see that there was a tree branch above me slapping away at my ball saying get that *** out of here.  i made adjustments got on the green just in time to exceed the strokes allowed for the hole.  My thing is besides ruining the best game I ever started how could I have known my position when none of the cameras could show me everything around me.  Is there a way to move the cameras or is this just something that may happen from time to time?  Now I know you might be saying He typed that he had a decent drive how did he end up under a tree?  I haven't even started down that road because the ball did not go where I lined it up, I compensated for the wind and hit the meter right on the line just to end up in the rough....By the way I love this game and have had no trouble at all before this...Now I have to go apologize to the wife (sigh).

Misspellers of the world untie!!

• SoCalJim23
    430 Posts
    Fri, Jul 28 2017 8:48 PM

Thank you.......to all of the above.  I very much appreciate your IT info. here.

I do have a DEFRAG program.....and I do use it when I use my other scanning program to clear my cache out.  And, after all scans, I do shut my computer completely off....then, restart it.

Never heard of "Maxthon" before......I'll have to check that out.

Thanks again!

Jim

RSS