Help › Forums

Older folks playing on WGT.

Mon, Aug 14 2017 9:51 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DuwayneCook
    53 Posts
    Sun, Jul 30 2017 5:35 AM

Okay we are growing older, how does this effect your game on WGT.

Face it we are growing older and with age you’re faced with certain limitations.

Let me remind you that with age we are faced with so called growing pains, for example ,first you lose your hair, then your teeth, your sex life is now history, without the aid of those little blue pills, then the worst part is your memory, yep, you start forgetting things, like I had over 200 days of consecutive days played , then I forgot to play one day and lost 7 months of upgrading my status, so now have to start all over again. Okay I’m 82 years of age and should except these laps of memory, but needless to say it has me pissed off.

What to do, for one don’t take the game serious, for two except you’re going to make mistakes, and that you’re not going to advance your standing without  spending a lot of money.

As you may know without continuing to upgrade clubs and balls your going to be stuck in one level, WGT has you by the short hairs, they know that most players of golf are very competitive creatures who want to win and to advance, to do so takes better clubs and balls, and this takes money. Sad to say most of us seniors don't have much money so we are limited to playing with lower level balls, I'm now using Callaway 33s , must say not a bad ball for the money, but your not going to advance your game without stepping up to the upper level Nikes.

What to do,  nothing, there is absolutely nothing we can do, WGT owns the game and has total control of us players. They are a business and want, and must say deserve to make money.

It would be nice if WGT would start a seniors tour for those over 65, leaving us with a few margins of errors, hahahaha.

Golden years my ass, there is nothing golden about them.

• borntobesting
    9,679 Posts
    Sun, Jul 30 2017 7:16 AM

DuwayneCook:

Okay we are growing older, how does this effect your game on WGT.

Face it we are growing older and with age you’re faced with certain limitations.

Let me remind you that with age we are faced with so called growing pains, for example ,first you lose your hair, then your teeth, your sex life is now history, without the aid of those little blue pills, then the worst part is your memory, yep, you start forgetting things, like I had over 200 days of consecutive days played , then I forgot to play one day and lost 7 months of upgrading my status, so now have to start all over again. Okay I’m 82 years of age and should except these laps of memory, but needless to say it has me pissed off.

What to do, for one don’t take the game serious, for two except you’re going to make mistakes, and that you’re not going to advance your standing without  spending a lot of money.

As you may know without continuing to upgrade clubs and balls your going to be stuck in one level, WGT has you by the short hairs, they know that most players of golf are very competitive creatures who want to win and to advance, to do so takes better clubs and balls, and this takes money. Sad to say most of us seniors don't have much money so we are limited to playing with lower level balls, I'm now using Callaway 33s , must say not a bad ball for the money, but your not going to advance your game without stepping up to the upper level Nikes.

What to do,  nothing, there is absolutely nothing we can do, WGT owns the game and has total control of us players. They are a business and want, and must say deserve to make money.

It would be nice if WGT would start a seniors tour for those over 65, leaving us with a few margins of errors, hahahaha.

Golden years my ass, there is nothing golden about them.

Wrong about the Calloway balls. You can advance and improve without the Nike balls. I actually improved greatly after I stopped using the Nike balls and went back to the level 35 Callaway ball. The 4 distance of the Callaway is only a little less than the Nile because the 2.5 spin doesn't  affect the distance as much as the higher spin of the Nike balls do. And one of the top players on here just uses the same level 35  Callaway ball that I do. And the 2.5 meter speed is pretty good for us older gentlemen (71).

• WillieSinkit
    1,752 Posts
    Sun, Jul 30 2017 8:26 AM

My doctor has advised me many times to take part in challenging mental activities to hopefully keep Dementia at bay - "If you don't use it, you'll lose it" etc.

So, I play wgt most days and try not to use a calculator which probably explains why after 5 years I'm still a struggling old Legend !

lol

WillieSinkit (68)

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Jul 30 2017 9:21 AM

WillieSinkit:
    So, I play wgt most days and try not to use a calculator which probably explains why after 5 years I'm still a struggling old Legend !

I use a putting chart for each green speed and never have to use a calculator. For Wind I use a on screen ruler which measures the aim box which is 10' and take it from there. 

The Web Ruler I use from the chrome web store is Edge Web Ruler.

Hope it helps. I'm only 60 but I like a little less aggravation in the game

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Jul 30 2017 9:34 AM

I Sent both of you copies of my charts for Nike Putters on your walls. Good Luck

• WillieSinkit
    1,752 Posts
    Sun, Jul 30 2017 10:29 AM

Very many thanks Don - I'll give it a try :)

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sun, Jul 30 2017 11:02 AM

I to am at an advanced age, and suffer many of the same things you do, and even more.

To wgt's credit they do not pander to a players sex, or age. only their ability.  Which is the way it should be.

If a group of like minded players see a need for specialized play then by all means do what you can to implement them and increase your happiness factor as best you can.

Myself, I compete in real life on all the same things that I must to satisfy my inner urges and feelings.  I do not want any special rules to enhance my life experiences, nor do I want any restrictions.  I do use my Handicap parking pass, because without it I'm not to sure my walk from my non-handicap parking spot to where I want to go could be accomplished and still be able to carry on with why I am there.   I think the handicap ramps as mandated by my government is also a very useful thing and if i was in such a condition that I must use them I would.

Any one at any age who suffers from physical, mental, or emotional damage that limits their wants, and life style choices perhaps should have additional help, but a virtual golf game on the internet?  I don't think so.  my nickle, and my age is my business thank you.

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Thu, Aug 3 2017 7:01 PM

At age 64, I will admit that the hand - eye coordination is not what it used to be. Buying the gaming mouse and the higher priced balls work some time, but when you go to click and get a cramp in your clicking finger or hand is very incovient. I enjoy the game and my objective is to beat my last score on that course.

And yes it would be nice to have a Senior's Tour like the PGA, but like everything else on the internet ther will be those who lie about their age just to take advantage of unsuspecting honest players. But I believe that the majority of us playing this game are Baby Boomers that either wanted to play the real game and couldn't or don't get to play the real game as much as we use to. I'm of the latter group.

So, here's my take:

When you can afford it - Just do it! 

Callys are nice for half  the price.

But whenyou're broke and all alone, Play the Rock, it will get you home.

Siders Best

• Rabbit274
    1,178 Posts
    Fri, Aug 4 2017 3:59 AM

76 and using Srixions. Had the same clubs for nearly 2 years now and, although hand-eye coordination ain't what it used to be, I can still compete with most players.

Bill

• dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Fri, Aug 4 2017 9:46 AM

DuwayneCook:
    and that you’re not going to advance your standing without  spending a lot of money.

False.

• PAGES
RSS