Forums

Help › Forums

Average saturation

Sun, Jul 31 2011 1:12 PM (33 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Jul 9 2011 5:58 PM

Settle down G, I have way more than 40 rounds as a master and didn't know until last night that every round I post over par kills me, seems there is a program to keep you from sandbagging, which I have never done, kept every round to get the 131 points and it has killed me. No damn wonder I can't advance. Sure wear out a lot of Callaways trying to get those sub par rounds, must be part of the plan.

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Sun, Jul 10 2011 3:32 AM

renniw52:

Settle down G, I have way more than 40 rounds as a master and didn't know until last night that every round I post over par kills me, seems there is a program to keep you from sandbagging, which I have never done, kept every round to get the 131 points and it has killed me. No damn wonder I can't advance. Sure wear out a lot of Callaways trying to get those sub par rounds, must be part of the plan.

Hi Ren,

not sure I am getting right what you are writting, sorry english is not my native language. What are those 131 points?

When you write "must be part of the plan", do you mean that "they" try to prevent you from reaching Tour Master in some way? If yes, I can guarantee, based on my own experience, that such a thing doesn't exist. Each time I am posting a bad score, I know why, and this is pretty simple: I just played a bad round. 

My game improved due to two aspects:

1) better equipment (your equipment is fine). A simple example, Bethpage #15 is a nightmare with irons which don't have high trajectory (like rapture) but it is a birdie hole with good irons (and once you know where the ball should land on the green).

2) trying to understand every aspect of the game (a long, hard and sometime frustrating process). This is made by trial and error. When a dinged shot does not stop where expected, one have to think "what I have done wrong" and not "this game is inconsistent" (as too many players are doing). So the next time you have a similar shot, you try something else until your shot is good enough. In the process you will understand what was wrong, and this improve your knowledge of the game.

A simple example, many players do not realize that when you set back spin, the effect on the ball depends also if it is a full shot of if you choke a bit (and if you ding or not). So imagine a 175 yds approach shot to do. One time one uses the 175 yds iron will full back spin, miss the ding and the ball is short by 3-4 yds (nothing anormal here). So the next time one uses the 190 yds iron full bs and choke to set 175 yds but this time the ball rolls more and can be easily long by 3-4 yds. Many players will pretend that the game is inconsistent. But there is nothing inconsistent in this example.

Regards.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Jul 10 2011 4:31 AM

No I'm not saying they are keeping me from advancing, the over par rounds I post are keeping me from improving. I was told that if I keep posting rounds of 37-38 that it looks like I am sandbagging and will not get anywhere. The 131 are the points I get for posting a ranked 9 hole round, that's why I kept all my rounds. Thanks for your advice.

Ren

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2011 1:12 PM

renniw52:
    The 131 are the points I get for posting a ranked 9 hole round, that's why I kept all my rounds.

Experience points... and yes, it is funny that they recommend finishing every game to get the exp, and tell you that 'bad rounds won't hurt you', when this is far from true if you are relatively new to a tier.

RSS