Help › Forums

Wedding Speech .

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 10 2017 9:51 AM (3 replies)
  • craigswan
    31,550 Posts
    Thu, Aug 10 2017 5:52 AM

Father of the groom speech .

I was trying to avoid this but the pressure is mounting for the lads wedding in October in Miami . .

First draft .

All comments welcome . .

Good afternoon and hello .

I'm craig . Lee's dad and on my right here is evelyn his mum .

I would like to welcome you all for coming to celebrate the marriage of shavest and lee . It makes us really  glad to see the smiling faces of so many happy people who have taken the time and made the effort to attend this beautiful ceremony . I know you have come from near and far .

This is an exiting day for all family and friends and i would like to thank everyone who has helped in whatever way possible. 

You have all played your part to make this day very special .

When lee told us he had fallen in love with someone and wanted to share his life with them - I thought of the first thing a father thinks .

Jings - I hope it is a woman.

But i need not have worried . Shavest you are a beautiful lady . Your far too good for lee .

As a youngster lee  had his 15 minutes of fame .  He went to see his uncle stephen play professional football for motherwell every saturday . Eventually his loyalty was rewarded when motherwell won our major cup tournament . We still have pictures of lee from the newspapers standing at the front of the bus holding onto the cup which was almost as tall as himself . From there as he got older he was never in trouble but only just .

Lee was the usual boy growing up . Interested in everything except school . I remember helping him by sitting around the kitchen table doing revision with him for his mathematics exam . But what he failed to realise was that i had failed my exam as well . And he passed .

Lee slowly climbed the ladder at work starting as an apprentice joiner but he soon moved into the car trade  and swiftly became a manager . One day he told us he was leaving for saudi arabia and since then he has never looked back . Even though he cannot pick up his dirty washing or use a cooker .

Lee first met shavest in 2016 when he came to visit us while we were on vacation in florida . He spent hours on the phone  to her and i think evelyn knew right away . This is the one for him .

Shavest was actually looking for someone honest , reliable and hardworking but he was married so she settled for lee .

Shavest we call her vessie . You are like a daughter to us already . I remember on your first visit to scotland you were so nervous . We had christmas dinner a few days early as you were flying home. The way you laughed and talked you fitted  in right away . Our family couldn't stop talking about you . Your not so shy now . You waltz in and take over now .

What a fantastic day this is for everyone .

I would like to take a moment to commend shavawn and her family for raising such a wonderful and loving daughter . I know our son and our whole family welcome shavest into our family with open arms .

Shavest and lee. - I want to congratulate you both on your first day of your amazing life together . I believe that the two of you will have an incredible journey together . Please honor , cherish and love one another with all your hearts . And we some day look forward to the patter of tiny feet .

You know shavest and lee - evelyn and i have been married for 27 LONG  years . And some of these years have been the happiest of my life .

There are just 2 phrases you need to remember lee .  1 - Yes dear  and 2 -   the credit card is in my pocket help yourself .

You guys are starting off with 2 great jobs , a nice car , a dog .and lots to look forward too .

I started with nothing and still have most of that left .

As you can see the scottish guys here have made a real effort to dress today . So to all the single ladies out there if you want to see what a scotsman wears under his kilt there is no better day .

In closing - I would like everybody to raise their glass and toast to a happy and healthy marriage for shavest and lee .

Shavest and lee .

Shavest wants me to tell a joke . This could be difficult . She doesn't understand a word I say . Our niece Kirsten has to be told it's a joke and auntie mary always laughs before I have finished but anyway here goes .

I am lucky to be attending this wedding . Just 2 weeks ago I was in hospital with a heart attack . Evelyn phoned Kirsten to tell her the bad news and she rushed straight to the ward .

What were you doing that you had a heart attack she asked . We were having sex I said .

What at your age . Kirsten was shocked . You need to take it easy .

It's fine I told her .

We do it to the rhythm of the church bells . In with the ding and out with the dong I said .

Things were going great until that ice cream truck came along ,

• gonfission
    2,241 Posts
    Thu, Aug 10 2017 7:23 AM

craigswan:
    All comments welcome . .

If you insist...

craigswan:

I'm craig . Lee's dad and on my right here is evelyn his mum .

I would like to welcome you all for coming to celebrate the marriage of shavest and lee . It makes us really  glad to see the smiling faces of so many happy people who have taken the time and made the effort to attend this beautiful ceremony . I know you have come from near and far .

This is an exiting day for everyone and i would like to thank everyone who has helped in whatever way possible. 

You have all played your part to make this day very special .

When lee told us he had fallen in love with someone and wanted to share his life with them - I thought of the first thing a father thinks .

Jings - I hope it is a woman.

But i need not have worried . Shavest you are a beautiful lady . Your far too good for lee .

As a youngster lee went to see his uncle stephen play professional football for motherwell every saturday . Eventually his loyalty was rewarded when motherwell won our major cup tournament . We still have pictures of lee from the newspapers standing at the front of the bus holding onto the cup which was almost as tall as himself . From there as he got older he was never in trouble but only just .

Lee was the usual boy growing up . Interested in everything except school . I remember helping him by sitting around the kitchen table doing revision with him for his mathematics exam . But what he failed to realise was that i had failed my exam as well . And he passed .

Lee slowly climbed the ladder at work starting as an apprentice joiner but he soon moved into the car trade  and swiftly became a manager . One day he told us he was leaving for saudi arabia and since then he has never looked back . Even though he cannot pick up his dirty washing or use a cooker .

Lee first met shavest in 2016 when he came to visit us while we were on vacation in florida . He spent hours on the phone  to her and i think evelyn knew right away . This is the one for him .

Shavest was actually looking for someone honest , reliable and hardworking but he was married so she settled for lee .

Shavest we call her vessie . You are like a daughter to us already . I remember on your first visit to scotland you were so nervous . We had christmas dinner a few days early as you were flying home. The way you laughed and talked you fitted  in right away . Our family couldn't stop talking about you . Your not so shy now . You waltz in and take over now .

What an exiting day this is for everyone .

I would like to take a moment to commend shavawn and her family for raising such a wonderful and loving daughter . I know our son and our whole family welcome shavest into our family with open arms .

Shavest and lee. - I want to congratulate you both on your first day of your amazing life together . I believe that the two of you will have an incredible journey together . Please honor , cherish and love one another with all your hearts . And we some day look forward to the patter of tiny feet .

You know shavest and lee - evelyn and i have been married for 27 LONG  years . And some of these years have been the happiest of my life .

There are just 2 phrases you need to remember lee .  1 - Yes dear  and 2 -   the credit card is in my pocket help yourself .

You guys are starting off with 2 great jobs , a nice car , a dog .and lots to look forward too .

I started with nothing and still have most of that left .

As you can see the scottish guys here have made a real effort to dress today . So to all the single ladies out there if you want to see what a scotsman wears under his kilt there is no better day .

In closing - I would like everybody to raise their glass and toast to a happy and healthy marriage for shavest and lee .

Shavest and lee .

Shavest wants me to tell a joke . This could be difficult . She doesn't understand a word I say . Our niece Kirsten has to be told it's a joke and auntie mary always laughs before I have finished but anyway here goes .

I am lucky to be attending this wedding . Just 2 weeks ago I was in hospital with a heart attack . Evelyn phoned Kirsten to tell her the bad news and she rushed straight to the ward .

What were you doing that you had a heart attack she asked . We were having sex I said .

What at your age . Kirsten was shocked . You need to take it easy .

We do it to the rhythm of the church bells . In with the ding and out with the dong I said .

Things were going great until that ice cream truck came along ,

Get rid of everything after, "I'm Craig", and substitute "move" instead of came, in front of along.

Then I think you nailed it

• craigswan
    31,550 Posts
    Thu, Aug 10 2017 8:07 AM

lol .

A bit harsh .

• craigswan
    31,550 Posts
    Thu, Aug 10 2017 9:51 AM

Did you know .

The united states nude wedding industry is worth 500 million dollars a year .

RSS