Forums

Help › Forums

What clubs would you suggest?

Wed, Aug 23 2017 8:58 PM (3 replies)
  • Luvmagic2
    84 Posts
    Wed, Aug 23 2017 2:39 PM

I have upgraded some of my equipment.... I'm a level 82 Tour Pro.... not very good.... what would you suggest I do with 826 in credits?

Thanks

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Wed, Aug 23 2017 4:10 PM

Luvmagic2:

I have upgraded some of my equipment.... I'm a level 82 Tour Pro.... not very good.... what would you suggest I do with 826 in credits?

Thanks

Save your credits the clubs wont do you any good . You have to apply yourself and put your time in . Better clubs only help if you are willing to play and learn the game . A half hearted attempt at playing does you no good . You have to go at the game just like the real game of golf . The more you play the better you will get but you have to play to get better . So dont waste your credits at your tier you are fine with what you have .

• Highglove
    53 Posts
    Wed, Aug 23 2017 8:58 PM

Luvmagic2:

Thanks

Unfortunately there's not a lot you can do with 896 credits to upgrade from what you already have. If you did anything you'd want to upgrade your wedges, but that would run you a little over 1500 credits per wedge.

Looking at your stats you need to improve your greens in regulation and your putting. You're only hitting 41.83% of greens. Take advantage of the wind calculators available by searching the forums, and map your clubs. Those two things will help greatly along those lines. Also, I noticed your chipping and sand saves are pretty low. There are videos on YouTube that will help greatly in those areas, particularly with pitch shots and sand shots. It's taken me over 3 years to get even moderately decent at those.

You also need to reduce your three putt percentage more than you need new equipment. I don't know what your particular issues are, but if it's reading green speed there are charts available on the forum that will help you adjust the distance to the green speed. After that it's just relating that knowledge to your putter and ball choice.

Work on those areas and I guarantee your scores will start to go down. Best of luck.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Thu, Aug 24 2017 4:43 AM

Lonnie is absolutely correct. You need to spend time leaning the game. You have played 13 ranked rounds in 8 months. Thus your average won't come down which means that you won't be able to advance to higher tiers. (Average is based only on ranked rounds.) Once you commit to playing, you need to play every day in order to get the most experience points to reach higher levels. You will also need to commit either time to get free credits or money to buy  the credits needed to get superior  equipment. 

At your current level, here is my list of the clubs you might want to get either now or as you move up one or two levels.

Callaway Fusion driver @ level 85 for 2595 credits

Callaway Fusion 3 wood @ level 86 for 1645 credits

Callaway Fusion irons @ level 85 for 3395 credits

3 Cleveland wedges @ levels 76, 78, 80 for 4785 credits

Putter of your choice, priceless

The total cost for these clubs is 12,420 credits plus your priceless putter.

This means you reach into your pocket for something slightly less than $ 150 or you start working a plan to get "free" credits. I personally have never put real money into this game but have worked hard to get "free" credits. The same applies to Lonnie. I have a system that I work almost daily to get between 100 and 150 credits (and some days many more). In 4 months, playing daily and getting the same free credits that I get, you would have enough credits and be at level 86 or even higher.

Good luck, have fun, and enjoy learning this game.

RSS