Forums

Help › Forums

The Only Distinction

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 28 2011 6:29 PM (7 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, May 26 2011 11:06 AM

As a Legend, since introduction, it is my unfortunate distinction of being the worst putter of all Legend level players. A distinction I also enjoyed when the Master level was at the highest tier.

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Thu, May 26 2011 3:58 PM

I'm a TM and can't putt either. We need a most putts match.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Thu, May 26 2011 4:21 PM

SweetiePie:
    it is my unfortunate distinction of being the worst putter of all Legend level players

EDIT:

Hi SP...WGT has never told us how many people play here, how much they spend and how much time is invested by our best players.  I believe, by design, this is intended to give some hope to those that don't live here...it keeps us from really knowing what the competition is doing and discourages some from leaving were they to know exactly how many tens of thousands??? they are competing against.  I'm not saying this is a bad thing and I enjoy playing here everyday...just put it into perspective before being too hard on yourself.   

Joey

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, May 27 2011 9:54 PM

What a sweet remark, I just love hitting shots quickly and I putt way too fast. 

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, May 27 2011 9:59 PM

We can't be good at everything. I expect you're good at the things that matter.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Sat, May 28 2011 12:48 PM

A pattern I've notices, after studying my score cards, is that I make lots of one putts.  Unfortunately, those one putts, too often, are for par after missing an approach shot.  Yes, the inability to land on the dance floor has lead to improved chip, pitch and flop skills, but that leaves me, too often, with par putts that often leads to bogie.  So for those, like me, that struggle a little with this game, look at how many one putts you are making for par...it might be the reason birdies are eluding you.  Just make sure you take time for the important things in life.        

Joey

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, May 28 2011 4:17 PM

Joeyola:
    Just make sure you take time for the important thinks in life.        

You are speaking of Beer, correct?

• BJORNAGAIN1
    382 Posts
    Sat, May 28 2011 6:29 PM

Don't be too hard on yourself Sweetiepie because I believe putting is a game within the game of golf and requires a lot of practice in reading the undulations and slopes and speeds of all the different types of greens.

That's what I love about WGT's golf game because the putting can be difficult just like the real game of golf. So it is quite realistic in it's layout.

To put it into perspective that 2 foot putt is 1 shot the same as your 250 yard tee shot so you don't want to miss it..

If you look at The PGA player's they all strike the ball beautifully but the guy's who are winning the tournaments are the one's taking less putts.

So now that I have shown how important the putting part of the game is.

Can we please have a Practice Putting Green WGT.  ( LOL )

That might solve sweetiepies stats and  the rest of us out here.

RSS