Forums

Help › Forums

Finding other women to play

Fri, Sep 1 2017 3:49 AM (6 replies)
  • SusanStroker
    1 Posts
    Wed, Aug 30 2017 3:18 PM

I am one of what seem to be few women on WGT. I prefer to play with other women, as a lot of the men want more than golf. Is there any way to seek out other women to play?

• 77Rachel
    1,590 Posts
    Thu, Aug 31 2017 2:41 AM

Susan, I lot of "women" want more than golf too.

Such is life in the virtual world.

There are entire clubs of all women, and you'll likely get the same kind of harassment there too, lol.

My solution was to find friends that didnt cross that line, delete the ones that do, and stay out of random games...only play with people I have vetted.

Other than that, I dont know what to tell ya.  It gets crazy sometimes, with all the people that seem to want to use wgt for that stuff.  There are plenty of sites set up for those people to get what they want, yet here they are.  

It is what it is.

Rach**

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Thu, Aug 31 2017 11:58 AM

SusanStroker:

I am one of what seem to be few women on WGT. I prefer to play with other women, as a lot of the men want more than golf. Is there any way to seek out other women to play?

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with the jerks in the game . At the same time could you please try using a better profile pic . You have to understand that the internet is full of perverts and whatnot . Although the picture you`re using is ok it will draw attention from the unwanted .

Also some of these players will be rude hoping that you will quit . They dont care how they win as long as they win . In the future take screen shots of any disrespectful language when chatting and report that player to WGT . Also as suggested create a friends list and only play those players . I see you are in a club report those members to the club owner who disrespect you .

For the most part finding good players to play who will act respectfully is trial and error . You wont know until you play them and thats just the way it is .

• 77Rachel
    1,590 Posts
    Thu, Aug 31 2017 2:16 PM

lonniescott711:

At the same time could you please try using a better profile pic . You have to understand that the internet is full of perverts and whatnot . Although the picture you`re using is ok it will draw attention from the unwanted .

Good advice.  Trolls see that and come hunting. It sucks, but thats wgt.  Personally, I just accepted that the way of the virtual world isnt lost here.  Either I want to play in a world with jerks or I dont.  I came to the conclusion that limiting it was my best option.

Im guessing that you're already receiving troll invites just because of your post here.  I know I will, haha.  I just delete em, dont even look anymore, and block em if i see the same one twice.

If I could go back in time and change my handle to Bob or Dave, I just might, lol. It woulda solved a lot of problems.  As for the pic, I kinda just thought screw it.  Im not gonna let jerks dictate what I put up there.  But I do pay a price for it, though prolly not as heavy as you.

Good luck

Rach**

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Thu, Aug 31 2017 8:53 PM

Ladies, I wish you all the best and hope you find players worthy of your time.  Bottom line is play to enjoy the game.

phred952

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2017 12:58 AM

Susan, you found Rachel already, and there are/were a few women in the forums, too. Methinks that there is/was a females' CC, but I don't remember the name.

One lady has recently shown up late in the "WGT Premier Membership" thread - have a look...

• craigswan
    31,549 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2017 3:49 AM

You cannot win them all .

I do not think I am sexist or racist but one lady on here who seems to have plenty of male friends went ballistic at me for daring to make a joke about women which I thought was just a throw away remark .

She unfriended me and left a message of expletives and foul language .

To each their own .

Personally I think some ladies have went to far with their rights to be offended .

There was one on television last night who didn't want to join the Scottish independent party but joined the Scottish women for independence party .

Too far left ladies .

Any way good luck with finding some good friends on wgt susan .

You know some of us guys are gentlemen .

This is cc you need .

Ladies Professional Golf Association.

RSS