Help › Forums

Maybe I'm missing the point.

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 7 2017 9:52 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Sep 6 2017 3:13 PM

David, I saw your other thread on this and decided to keep out as I know nothing about the mobile game.  Now it seems as much about whether or not you should be complaining here.

You entered a game and found your opponent was deliberately spinning eventually resulting in you losing your coins.  You see this as your opponent cheating to exploit a fault in the game (the latter that he gets the win and your coins in these circumstances).  So you contact customer services and post here that you're unhappy, with the added bonus of warning others.

Of course there's nothing wrong with this, as far as I can see you did the right thing and even down to not naming the player.  You didn't even leave a trace on your profile until it was suggested here.  

I can fully see it's not the coins that matter and it brought to mind another recent thread  with nothing but the "win" involved.  It also occurs that the people there received nothing like the criticism you have.  The main difference being you didn't break the posting rules.  

It seems absurd that someone who is cheated is critised for it, I've seen no condemnation of the cheat only blame heaped on you for not knowing better.   The fact it's happened before makes it even more your fault it seems.  Not the fact this is happening so often, in pc games too, means wgt should do something about it.  We'll no doubt here "they wont, get over it" but if it bothers you you shouldn't - keep complaining.

What are you supposed to do?  Anyone you play could be this kind of cheat.  Others will tell you to only play people you know etc etc but none know whats right for you. 

As to gambling lol, put a wide enough interpretation on it and everyone gambles but if you don't spend money or work (watch ad's, do surveys..) to get these coins then in my book it's not gambling.

Don't be put off posting it would be as bad as being put off playing by the spinners.

If you ever do want to join a CC I'd recommend you look at NYC COUNTRY CLUB , It's for mobile players and I've only ever heard good things about Aussiemick.

Have fun and good luck :-) 

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Thu, Sep 7 2017 7:56 AM

Dave

Welcome to WGT forum. You are coming up on your 1st year Anniversary and have made Master teir, joined a good CC, and have over 100 friends. These are some of the positives that are a part of WGT, You've run into some of the negatives, hopefully the positives out weight the negatives. In a forum you can expect supporters and definately criticizers.

However, along time ago a wise uncle of mine shared this with me, he said 'Never wager what you're not willing to loose'

I play coins, and after my spin on the wheel, Ill play a 900 win, or a 18K win. But win or loose, I dont care, it was fun. I also play PC but because I know that my credits are valuable to me for buying equipment, I don't wager them. Have fun don't stress out, it's just a game!

Siders Best

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Thu, Sep 7 2017 9:52 AM

If I may I'll tell you about my continued play on a "Game" site that acts as if we "Older players" in time here, not age are no longer important to them.  I, you, and others may not ever play for (?) money, and don't care, But WGT does play for money and for as much as they can.

It took me awhile before I completely understood what was going on and how best to enjoy the good and avoid the worst of the experiences.

I decided I wanted to be competitive, buying equipment, was a big part of it.  Was never interested in playing for credits as I found that the majority of the bad elements were found on those sites, and I'm speaking of the human element also, multi -accounts, cheat engines, etc.

My answer is to join a country club, decide how much to spend,, in money and time, and have fun.

To me  a good round means we played well, made some good shots, chatted, and chided each other  but not beyond what would be proper, commenting on our play and so forth.   

We all have different ideas, wants, desires.  This is my primary go have fun place.  I'm not able to do much in real time, this is why I enjoy my playtime here.     Have fun.  my nickle.

• PAGES
RSS