Help › Forums

Maybe I'm missing the point.

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 7 2017 9:52 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DavidWeck
    19 Posts
    Wed, Sep 6 2017 9:15 AM

My previous "..are they thieves" post gave me some answers and created some questions. Of course for me having millions of worthless coins stolen isn't the point....it's not the coins. It's the principal of playing a fun game and building up a worthless large amount of wins and having them stripped by a cheat that zooms in and wipes you out. I really don't get the guys who criticize anyone who would get mad at this ...but...to each his own. Any online game allows you to build up mega fake wealth. Even if you were playing a  Monopoly boardgame with fake money and a guy spends days playing and has a bankroll and loves the comradery and thrill of the (fake) gamble and someone comes off the street, walks up to the table and takes all the fake money....I would expect the player may get a tad frustrated. In fact in some places the stranger could be in danger of bodily injury. It's just not cool. My .02c ... or 1,890,605 coins. :-) whichever is less...

So now the question...What are you guys doing that makes this even more fun?

I don't gamble...never have or will. Own 2 homes here and the Mainland , sold the 3rd on Maui :(  drive an S550 and have an incredible career building resorts and high rises, golf some of the most beautiful real courses in the world and this game is a great place to turn OFF my over-active brain and just relax. (Not bragging just painting a picture of not whining about money!)  What do you guys use it for? Why, as stated, should I "know better" than to play a game and expect not to be robbed of my Monopoly money? You guys must play for the credits? I guess I have some studying to do....but that goes against my "turning the brain off" goal. So....I guess I will just continue to be the bonehead who loses his Monopoly money.  :)  and cringes about it...oh...and.. No more whining!  or posting on here probably.

Aloha all! Enjoy your games! ...or is it a game? (calculators? shot software? really?!?!?)

• gonfission
    2,241 Posts
    Wed, Sep 6 2017 11:07 AM

DavidWeck:
    Aloha all! Enjoy your games! ...or is it a game? (calculators? shot software? really?!?!?)

I call it a gimp suit. Same strangulating outcome.

We all know where you're coming from. Sometimes we get a bit out of control with the humor, at others expense in here.

Please do NOT stop posting. Jump in head first. You survived the crucible of your first complaint. Fresh comments are always a good thing.

Try to remember, (difficult in your position) type "A" personality to have accrued all you have, that "Pride Goethe before a fall". It's a long way down from where you are seated.

Your self acceptance of circumstances, and harangues, are proof, you can, and have, risen above it all.

Be part of the problem, not the solution, in here

Perhaps that's not correct, but it's way more fun

Welcome to the asylum

☢-----------<*{{{{{-(

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Wed, Sep 6 2017 12:18 PM

DavidWeck:

My previous "..are they thieves" post gave me some answers and created some questions. Of course for me having millions of worthless coins stolen isn't the point....it's not the coins. It's the principal of playing a fun game and building up a worthless large amount of wins and having them stripped by a cheat that zooms in and wipes you out. I really don't get the guys who criticize anyone who would get mad at this ...but...to each his own. Any online game allows you to build up mega fake wealth. Even if you were playing a  Monopoly boardgame with fake money and a guy spends days playing and has a bankroll and loves the comradery and thrill of the (fake) gamble and someone comes off the street, walks up to the table and takes all the fake money....I would expect the player may get a tad frustrated. In fact in some places the stranger could be in danger of bodily injury. It's just not cool. My .02c ... or 1,890,605 coins. :-) whichever is less...

I don't gamble...never have or will. Own 2 homes here and the Mainland , sold the 3rd on Maui :(  drive an S550 and have an incredible career building resorts and high rises, golf some of the most beautiful real courses in the world and this game is a great place to turn OFF my over-active brain and just relax. (Not bragging just painting a picture of not whining about money!)  What do you guys use it for? Why, as stated, should I "know better" than to play a game and expect not to be robbed of my Monopoly money? You guys must play for the credits? I guess I have some studying to do....but that goes against my "turning the brain off" goal. So....I guess I will just continue to be the bonehead who loses his Monopoly money.  :)  and cringes about it...oh...and.. No more whining!  or posting on here probably.

please enlighten me

1 ,you don,t gamble

2 ,your complaining about a player stealing  virtual money from a gambled game?

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Wed, Sep 6 2017 12:21 PM

Yes you lost millions of worthless coins . You went through this happening to you more than 1 time .For some reason it seems that you hadnt learned from your past lessons . You have low lifes playing the game its no big deal . There are cheats and low lifes in the real world and sad to say they find their way here as well . They dont care how they win as long as they win and cheating is the means to their end . The criticism was due to the fact that you saw the signs of the set up , yet chose to play and then complained about getting burned .

What we do to make this game more fun is play with friends . We join clubs and eastablish real friendships along the way . We help each other to become better players by giving advice and sharing our knowledge of the game . We respect each other and enjoy the others company and we believe and practice the etiquette of the real game of golf .

Although this may be a game , you will find that its not for gamers but for golfers . The gamers are looking for quick results and easy wins . They play to beat the game and cheating is a part of the game . The golfers play to beat the course and if competing then they win by playing with good scoring and with honesty .

Contrary to your perception you do gamble . Thats why you lost all those coins on more than one occasion . When you put them up for play well thats gambling plain and simple .When you keep losing them by falling for the same old scam , then you should know when to quit . Play just for fun and then there is no loss other than the usual butt kicking .

The credits in the PC version are used to buy the better clubs and balls needed to improve our play . They are also used to pay entry fees in tournaments in which there are credit prizes . The mobile version I have no clue as I have never played it , so no idea what goes on there .

The forums are here for all players to use just remember that all posts are open for comment . Any and all are free to respond and you may not always like the answers or replies .We all come from different walks of life and have our own accomplishments as well . You will find many players are military veterans ,retired ,disabled and others are still employed . The average players age is around 30 - 70 years old . Yes many of us have been around the block quite a few times .

The point being personal accomplishments or wealth is no big deal . No you arent whining about money just worthless coins. You just happened to word this thread differently but its still whining . You got burned everybody gets it . Now let it go and move on .Stop playing for coins and just play for fun . Once again dont gamble if you dont like coming out on the short end . If you feel that the other player is about to cheat you then dont play . But if you do then take what happens on the chin . Plain and simple .

• DavidWeck
    19 Posts
    Wed, Sep 6 2017 12:37 PM

lonniescott711:

Yes you lost millions of worthless coins . You went through this happening to you more than 1 time .For some reason it seems that you hadnt learned from your past lessons . You have low lifes playing the game its no big deal . There are cheats and low lifes in the real world and sad to say they find their way here as well . They dont care how they win as long as they win and cheating is the means to their end . The criticism was due to the fact that you saw the signs of the set up , yet chose to play and then complained about getting burned .

What we do to make this game more fun is play with friends . We join clubs and eastablish real friendships along the way . We help each other to become better players by giving advice and sharing our knowledge of the game . We respect each other and enjoy the others company and we believe and practice the etiquette of the real game of golf .

Although this may be a game , you will find that its not for gamers but for golfers . The gamers are looking for quick results and easy wins . They play to beat the game and cheating is a part of the game . The golfers play to beat the course and if competing then they win by playing with good scoring and with honesty .

Contrary to your perception you do gamble . Thats why you lost all those coins on more than one occasion . When you put them up for play well thats gambling plain and simple .When you keep losing them by falling for the same old scam , then you should know when to quit . Play just for fun and then there is no loss other than the usual butt kicking .

The credits in the PC version are used to buy the better clubs and balls needed to improve our play . They are also used to pay entry fees in tournaments in which there are credit prizes . The mobile version I have no clue as I have never played it , so no idea what goes on there .

The forums are here for all players to use just remember that all posts are open for comment . Any and all are free to respond and you may not always like the answers or replies .We all come from different walks of life and have our own accomplishments as well . You will find many players are military veterans ,retired ,disabled and others are still employed . The average players age is around 30 - 70 years old . Yes many of us have been around the block quite a few times .

The point being personal accomplishments or wealth is no big deal . No you arent whining about money just worthless coins. You just happened to word this thread differently but its still whining . You got burned everybody gets it . Now let it go and move on .Stop playing for coins and just play for fun . Once again dont gamble if you dont like coming out on the short end . If you feel that the other player is about to cheat you then dont play . But if you do then take what happens on the chin . Plain and simple .

Thanks Lonnie...actually really well said. Points made and advice received! Aloha!

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Wed, Sep 6 2017 12:47 PM

lonniescott711:

+1

MC

• DavidWeck
    19 Posts
    Wed, Sep 6 2017 1:06 PM

lonniescott711:

No you arent whining about money just worthless coins. You just happened to word this thread differently but its still whining . .

Agreed...except...

I DONT WHINE!

much

• Luckystar5
    1,638 Posts
    Wed, Sep 6 2017 1:10 PM

There is something else that you've missed, join a cc and play with friends, have fun,  etc., all good advice.  Poster lost fake money, monopoly money, whatever.  Wanting to be a member in good standing of a cc?  Want to have fun?  then coin games are a part of all this.  Wgt instituted turf wars,  want to help ur cc level up, play the wars.  Play the wars requires fake money (coins) .  Alot of cc s don't require that u play, but  y not?  It's there, it's part of the experience,  doesn't cost you any real money, just time, and a free pass. Ive met some very good and nice people playing the coin games. It's just a shame he got scammed.   Personally I don't like the wars, they are just as bad as the clashs, but I play them cuz as a director, I feel that I need to set a good example and play all that my cc has to offer.

I have to disagree on the gambling issue though, he lost FAKE money, nothing real, no real cash, spent time on a fake game of golf, with fake money.   Nothing ventured, nothing gained, nothing really lost.  Can't lose what you never had.   When you put money up based on your talents, it's then an entry fee, it's based on your skills, not the throw of a dice pair, or flip of a coin, or card. You have control of your destiny, it's yours and yours alone to win or lose, not fate.

• Rabbit274
    1,178 Posts
    Wed, Sep 6 2017 2:02 PM

DavidWeck:

Well you have made a good start by joining a highly respected country club.

As a relatively junior member of WGT (5 years) I can genuinely say that my fun has been within the several country clubs that I have had the privilege of belonging to. My fun now is as the owner of a country club and watching the members going through all the hoops that I went through on the way up - and seeing the more senior members of the club helping them on their way.

I have had my share of low-lifes and now have enough experience, in the main, to avoid them. However, they are greatly outnumbered by the wonderful people I have met and played games with over the years.

Play your golf to enjoy, not to profit, and you will quickly get over your bad experience.

Good luck, have fun and enjoy the game.

Bill

• PAGES
RSS