Forums

Help › Forums

tiers vs levels

rated by 0 users
Sun, May 29 2011 8:55 PM (6 replies)
  • longstrokes48
    2 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2011 10:35 AM

how can some players maintain a low tier (pro) and have a high level (70) how can I stop from tiering up?

• MrDonVito
    472 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2011 2:06 PM

Your level is determined by how many experience points you get. Experienced points are earned from any form of play (match, stroke, CTTH, etc.)

Your tier is determined by your avg score in ranked sounds (stroke only).

• cole1234
    50 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2011 3:07 PM

wouldn't you want to get to the next tier? lol

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2011 3:33 PM

cole1234:

wouldn't you want to get to the next tier? lol

That's what one would think. However, people intentionally keep their average high so they can stay in a lower tier and dominate with high level clubs. 

• RickBarenes
    215 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2011 3:42 PM

Well i have been here since late January  this year . if they shoot low wont they receive metals and trophies to move up.I made master all tho miss the pro teir tee boxes cause i can reach some par 5's easier lol. but more putts birdies etc more stuff i gained to move up how do hey prevent that.

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2011 4:57 PM

You only move up in rank (tier) by posting ranked stroke play rounds.  You can play match play, alt shot, Blitz, etc. all you want and never effect your average.  You can technically be a pro and achieve level 100 and win every WGT award there is.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2011 8:55 PM

Every time I've neared the next level, I've felt some trepidation, but on reaching the next level I've found the game to be even better and more challenging. I've only one point to go until the top level and I just hope an old man can cope. Bring it on!!!

RSS