Help › Forums

Newb questions

Wed, Jun 1 2011 4:22 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2011 10:01 AM

JamesTruman:
    Dazza: Thanks for the advice.  I see there are people who also advocate the Tour Plus driver, available at level 6 on, but I might take your advice and hold out for that Taylor Made.  Although I'm wondering how I'll ever earn that many credits.  Do most people break down and buy credits with RL money?

I've put on about $100 in cash in all the time i've been here but thats only when the surveys are not working for some reason. But i've also earned around twice that amount from doing the surveys and other others. I used to be able to do the ampario 450cr survey once or twice a week so do 3 of those and there's your credits for that new driver.

JamesTruman:
    Speaking of duffing pitches and five-putting: is there a practice putting/chipping green somewhere?  A practice bunker?  Or do I just have to play practice rounds?

It's been asked for on many occasions but for now just the practice rounds. Hit your ball into bunkers and rough on purpose to practice those lies. With putting aim for certain points on the green instead of the hole to give yourself a few putts in a row and get used to how quick the ball goes up and down hill and left and right breaks.

Good luck and remember to always have fun

Dazza

• JamesTruman
    8 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2011 4:22 PM

A couple more newbish questions.  I have done searches on both of these, so I know there's already been discussion, but I'm still confused about where things stand.

1. Draw/fade/hook/slice.  I gather we can sorta emulate these by deliberately missing the "ding," or by using the wind, or holding a shot against the wind.  But I also read a post from last year indicating that a true draw/fade effect was being developed for the game.  Has it been implemented?  If not, are there definite plans to do so?  Or is the off-ding hit a true draw/fade already?

To me, the ability to work the ball (or the inadvertent habit of hooking/slicing) is a fundamental part of golf.  Also, sometimes the hole guides mention draw/hook: they'll say "the ideal shot into this green is right-to-left..." etc.

2. Sidehill/downhill/uphill lies.  (I mean in the fairway/rough, not on the putting surface.)  Do these affect shotmaking now?  In RL, they have a huge effect on my golf, but I'm not sure I see any effect here.  If they have no effect now, are there plans to implement them?

Many thanks.

• PAGES
RSS