Forums

Help › Forums

Oskarwalker

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 1 2011 12:49 AM (35 replies)
  • thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Mon, May 30 2011 9:13 PM

This is very sad news. I played Oskar a number of times until quite recently and found him a great person to play with and against on alt shot games.

tbe

• CharFar
    7 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2011 6:31 AM

He was way too aggressive on his putts. I will miss him dearly.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2011 7:05 AM

To those of you who posted here, and who are not in our club, we would like to thank you all for your kind words. Oskar was a gentleman, with never a bad word to say to anyone. The following is an example of Oskar i took from our website, just to let you know who the man was:

• Folks, i just wanted to share 1 experience i had with oskar while playing the game. This is for those of you who never got the chance to play or talk to Oskar. After this im going to let it rest for a while, as it hurts every time i think about it. 

I came on 1 weekday morning, and saw oskar was on T/S. He was the only person there, and he usually was the first person in there in the morning when i got up. We know he loved to get on and talk and play with members. So i jumped on T/S to say hello and have a quick game. The conversation ran something like this:

O: Helllllo jim.
    T: Hiya Oskar, how,s you?
    O; Ohhh, no good, very bad. very very bad jim.
    T: Why? whats up oskar?
    O: I no play good today, i dont know, just no good.
    T: You probably just need a rest Oskar.
    O: i already lose 4 games in a row. All credits. This is no good.
    T: Wow, thats gotta hurt.
    O: I play for credits soon, but i no win. Not in this way. You play jim?
    T: Sure oskar, let me set up first.
    O: Ok jim, i set up for my game later.
    T: sure Oskar, fire away.

The following game was one of the best displays i have ever seen from anybody on WGT. Oskar set the game up with heavy winds on Kiawah back 9, as this must have been agreed with his opponent beforehand. Im not sure if heavy winds come into it when setting up a credit match, but that was the set up. He finished the round -7 to my +2. In this round, Oskar holed 3 shots from off the greens for birdies, 2 in a row, and 1 later. You could hear his voice chirping up as the game went on, and the laughter when i was saying to him things like- holy crap Oskar, how in the name of god did you do that.

Oskar then thanks me for playing and helping him? I didnt do anything, just took a whooping from him, but i was glad to see he was feeling better. Its just a measure of the man that he would thank me for something that he did, lol. 

My last memory of Oskar is the night he won 2k creds in 1 game. He said he played this guy many times before without winning, but he won this match. He was delighted for himself, and he was in stitches laughing. There was many of us on that night, and we where all laughing with him, congratulating him on a dam fine win. Thats Oskar for you, always laughing, and always giving compliments to others when playing a game. See ya mate.
  • acesman6
    56 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2011 11:36 AM

The word gentleman while fitting does not seem to do justice to my friend & clubmate Oscar. He was always in a great form & we had many many great nights chatting away on Teamspeak over a few beers and a cracking game of golf. Our little club has lost a true legend & friend.

Bealtaine Suaimhneas síoraí dá anam.

• OkieX
    175 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2011 3:24 PM

I knew the meter was gona take a life sooner or later.

RIP buddy.

• acesman6
    56 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2011 12:49 AM

The word gentleman while fitting does not seem to do justice to my friend & clubmate Oscar. He was always in a great form & we had many many great nights chatting away on Teamspeak over a few beers and a cracking game of golf. Our little club has lost a true legend & friend.

Bealtaine Suaimhneas síoraí dá anam

• RSS