Forums

Help › Forums

Nobody will convince me

rated by 0 users
Thu, Oct 5 2017 8:44 PM (21 replies)
  • Bateleur0
    15 Posts
    Mon, Sep 25 2017 12:36 AM

Erin hills, 3 under going into the 5th, putting like a demon and all of a sudden a putt that is 15 yrds with the putter distance set to 30 yrds on a fast green, I line up and set my putter to 45 percent which on a fast green should get me close to the hole. I putt and the ball moves 2 yrds. Next hole same thing and back to even par.

Nobody will convince me that the game is not flawed. I have seen this on many occasions after turning Tour Pro that i can be 2 or 3 shots under par at the 5th and then BANG the game takes all your hard work away not because of your playing, but rather because of the algorithms not working.

Now i will sit back and listen to everyone tell me it is my fault, get it off your chests.

• gonfission
    2,241 Posts
    Mon, Sep 25 2017 10:35 AM

• ScottHope
    10,350 Posts
    Mon, Sep 25 2017 11:12 AM

You could be a victim of accidental mouse wheel scrolling here, which might have changed the putter distance.

If you don't mind clicking the arrows on the putter meter to change the distance, and also clicking to select your club rather than mouse wheel scrolling. You could then disable the mouse wheel scroll to prevent the possibility of this happening.

Control Panel → Hardware and Sound → Devices and Printers → Mouse → Scrolling [tab] → Enable Vertical Scrolling [uncheck]

• largemouth51
    1,212 Posts
    Mon, Sep 25 2017 11:13 AM

Hi

I'm Nobody but either you have typed your distances wrong or you were actually on a wide fringe since there is no 30yd putt meter and yes a ball putted can get caught up in a wide fringe.

• Baldace
    3,254 Posts
    Mon, Sep 25 2017 12:24 PM

I'll wager the OP, who only joined this month and has the princely total of 47 ranked rounds, needs to allow a little more " game time " before deciding if he has sussed out any flaws in the game :)

• wtiger22
    1,027 Posts
    Mon, Sep 25 2017 12:27 PM

agree!.....if he is putting like a demon after less than a month....then he should be on here offering putting lessons - i was still figuring out how to get the ball to move after a month!!

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Sep 25 2017 1:13 PM

Bateleur0:
    Now i will sit back and listen to everyone tell me it is my fault, get it off your chests.

What would be the point of people that have been playing the game longer telling you the truth when you've already decided you're not going to believe them?  You clearly know better.

Many occasions 2 or 3 under after 5 holes, TP already,  joined three weeks ago and would be scoring better but for the pesky algorithms :-)

You clearly have things worked out. One thing though, as this happens to you so often save a replay next time. 

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Sep 25 2017 1:29 PM

Knows nothing but uses the word algorithm in an attempt to lend his theory some credence.

I still love these threads!

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Sep 25 2017 3:01 PM

largemouth51:

Hi

I'm Nobody but either you have typed your distances wrong or you were actually on a wide fringe since there is no 30yd putt meter and yes a ball putted can get caught up in a wide fringe.

My guess, was on FW not fringe and used the 30yd meter (90 foot scale) and since he was on FW not fringe, it gave him the distance in yards.  

Just tried it on Kia #1,  got to 14 yards from the pin but on FW and hit 45% power on my "30 yard" scale and it went like you'd expect it to when putting from the FW.  LOL

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Mon, Sep 25 2017 6:18 PM

Bateleur0:
    then BANG the game takes all your hard work away not because of your playing, but rather because of the algorithms not working.

I know what you mean. Every... single... time... those algorithms gonna get you.

I mean it can be at night when you turn off the lights, but the algorithms gonna get you.

There's no way, you can fight it every day, and the algorithms gonna get you.

In fact, there have been times when you have no clue of what's happening to you. And before this night is through... Ooh baby, the algorithm is gonna get'cha. 

RSS