Forums

Help › Forums

Stop Following a Thread

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 1 2011 4:40 PM (7 replies)
  • cozmozogg
    167 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2011 9:19 AM

Hi guys - does anyone happen to know how to stop being notified on thread posts? [or "unfollow" a post when you have previously chosen to "Email me replies to this post"]...

i cant seem to be able to figure out how to do this. any help would be appreciated

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2011 9:58 AM

cozmozogg:
    cant seem to be able to figure out how to do this. any help would be appreciated

Simple fix, cozmo'.....go to the thread in question, hit edit, uncheck the box which has been checked "Email me replies to this post." Post/re-post

Should do the trick,           Cheers

• cozmozogg
    167 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2011 10:55 AM

Thanks David - problem is that i was following the "Post Your Best Replays Here", where their are over 100 pages... I will search for a page where i replied, and try your suggestion...

• cozmozogg
    167 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2011 11:03 AM

i found my first post on the thread here:

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/4491/152722.aspx#152722

i chose to edit it, unchecked the email me box, and on the Options tab, i checked the Locked box... we'll see if that does the trick

[i sure hope it applies to the entire thread and not just individual posts within the thread...]

thanks again david

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2011 11:04 AM

cozmozogg:
    i checked the Locked box.

This only works for the OP.

• cozmozogg
    167 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2011 12:08 PM

so YJ, are you saying that if a post a message to thread X, and 20 people post [by clicking the reply link on the latest post, and 20 pages later, i post a reply to a different message, that the 2 posts i made are independent of one another?

meaning that if i deselect the email reply check box on my first, but don't do it on the second, that i will continue to recieve replies? and if i deselect both boxes [1 in each post], that i should no longer get an email when someone posts a message in that thread?

dont know if i explained that very well, i am obviously confused... but what else is new? lol

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2011 1:20 PM

LOL, coz. Sorta. Maybe. I think.

Actually, when you write a post as OP you can lock it for replies. The key is it's locked from the first post and precludes anybody responding.  :-)

• cozmozogg
    167 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2011 4:40 PM

lmao YJ - 1 of 2 things: either u get an honorary degree in wgt mythology, or i need an assistant [perhaps both]...

hey man, as always, thanks for takin the time to think about it and reply [u 2 david] - and if and when 1 of us figures it out for sure... here comes BETA2 - lol

btw - i checked the Email me replies box:) .... cough

always a pleasure

RSS