Forums

Help › Forums

stats of equipment

Wed, Jun 1 2011 3:50 PM (5 replies)
  • fugy50
    19 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2011 9:35 AM

Hi I would like to understand the meaning of the stats for clubs, is there any specific that list the stats in details?

stats meaning...forgiveness, balance etc....

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2011 12:13 PM

fugy50:

Hi I would like to understand the meaning of the stats for clubs, is there any specific that list the stats in details?

stats meaning...forgiveness, balance etc....

hi

if you select a club, you will see it's stated with dots. based on 5 dots max, via 1/2 dot scale

also, above it, you can see flight path

-wgticon

• fugy50
    19 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2011 12:30 PM

sorry I didn't explain very well. What I want to know is the meaning of forgiveness and  balance in the clubs' stats.

Thanks in advance

-Fugy50

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2011 3:17 PM

fugy50, 

You can find the information here under "What do the Club Ratings mean?" Or... 

WGT FAQ:

Avg. Distance: Displays the average distance the ball will travel when hit at full strength on a flat surface and with no wind

Trajectory: Indicates the general height of the ball flight

Precision: Defines generally how close to the aiming point the ball will land based on where you hit on the swing meter

Forgiveness: Displays how much Distance and Precision the ball will lose if not hit perfectly

Shot Shaping: Displays the level of "workability" of the club to move the ball left or right during flight

Spin: Defines the level of spin the club will transfer to the ball. A ball with more spin will stop faster on the green

Meter Speed: Indicates the speed at which the swing meter moves, with 5 being the fastest

• Cleworthy
    3,468 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2011 6:58 AM

Also, balance on putters has effect on the meter speed.  More balance, slower meter.

• fugy50
    19 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2011 3:50 PM

Thank you guys, I appreciate the help.

RSS