Forums

Help › Forums

Hi Im a Newbie

Sat, Oct 14 2017 4:19 AM (4 replies)
  • Deceiving1
    1 Posts
    Wed, Oct 11 2017 11:05 PM
    Hello to the golfing world. Curios to kno if I starts playing in the virtual tournies with the status of a Hack is it just pointless as I would never win? Thx guys and girls I hope u give me some solid 2 footers on the course!
  • lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Thu, Oct 12 2017 10:51 AM
    Deceiving1:
    Hello to the golfing world. Curios to kno if I starts playing in the virtual tournies with the status of a Hack is it just pointless as I would never win? Thx guys and girls I hope u give me some solid 2 footers on the course!
    With the clubs that you have yes its a waste of time . Give yourself time to learn how to play and learn the game . Wait until you can tier up some and get yourself some of the better clubs to play with . The starter clubs are just that starters . They are just to help you get started in learning the game but not for winning tournaments . Welcome to the game and hope you enjoy playing . It takes time to learn so dont expect instant results . You will have to put your time in and practice if you want to play and get better .
  • Lute345
    2,483 Posts
    Thu, Oct 12 2017 10:55 AM
    Welcome to the Zoo. My advice to you would be to start out slow to get used to your equipment first. Learn the yardages for each club. Maybe join a Country Club to get some real good advice from those in the club. You also receive a Putter Pal and a Shot Pal when you join a CC. They come in very handy and will assist you in taking shots and putts. Hope this will get you started. Lute
  • HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Thu, Oct 12 2017 12:57 PM
    There are free tournaments sponsored by WGT that are limited to only members of particular tiers. As a Hack, you would be playing only against other Hacks. Once you be come an Amateur, there is a pool of credits funded entirely by WGT. It never hurts to enter these tournaments since there is no cost. Also it is useful to play in practice mode since you can take unlimited mulligans as well as use the putt preview feature to help learn putting. And by playing every day, you are able to advance to the higher levels more quickly. The higher your level the more equipment choices that are available.
  • borntobesting
    9,679 Posts
    Sat, Oct 14 2017 4:19 AM

It is only a waste of time and credits if he is talking about  Ready Go’s. The free weekly tournies are  a good learning tool. Especially the unlimited 9 hole tourney where you can experiment with different shots.

RSS