Forums

Help › Forums

open scoring..Royal St Georges

Tue, Jun 14 2011 2:30 AM (119 replies)
  • freepressionist
    10 Posts
    Sat, Jun 11 2011 11:07 AM

i laugh my behind off!!!!!

i wouldnt go and try to qualify for the us open etc as a 9 handicapper!!!

what an idiot

oh so after years of practise the pros on tour shoot 58 59 60!!!! no they do not so what a pathetic reply

opens are "open to qualifiers and amateurs through different processes.  so the only way to compete is to wait til level 80 and get all the top equipment.  well thats not what an open should be about.  in reality there should be tiered comps where the winners get in and then have a go at the real tourny.  mnshiners is completely right in what he says and believes. i just dont even bother entering the comp as it wastes useage of good balls and my time.  we will just let those very very good players and those who might be using aides!! gl to all but what a terrible reply to a proper point.

freepressionist

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Sat, Jun 11 2011 1:42 PM

freepressionist:

what an idiot

oh so after years of practise the pros on tour shoot 58 59 60!!!! no they do not so what a pathetic reply

Dude you missed the point entirely. If I'm an idiot then we need Webster to invent an entirely new and more scathing term for your utter lack of intellectual prowess.  As a 9 hdcp I know I couldn't qualify so why even worry about it?  In reality I wouldn't even have a shot to qualify unless I was sub 2 hdcp.  Sounds like we agree that if you suck, you suck....don't even waste your time, but asking for tiered comps to earn entry because you can't cut the mustard isn't dissimilar to the warped culture of entitlement these days.  "If I'm not good enough, please reward my mediocrity."  10th place ribbons for all!

freepressionist:
    opens are "open to qualifiers and amateurs through different processes.  so the only way to compete is to wait til level 80 and get all the top equipment.  well thats not what an open should be about.  in reality there should be tiered comps where the winners get in and then have a go at the real tourny

Ok let's say you do win the WGT US Amateur to earn entry into the real WGT US Open.  What the hell do you think you do in the real tourney when you couldn't even tie top 150 in the qualifier?  Even those who aren't the brightest light in the sky (wink and nod in your general direction) should be able to deduce this answer.

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Sat, Jun 11 2011 2:38 PM

Mr. Stanfill I didn't mean to open up a can of worms on my previous post but now I realize what I said was not what I meant.

The lower tiers should be able to enter playing with all things equal for all the tiers. Basically Hacks and on up would still be playing from the back tees etc.  The top whatever number in that tier should have some kind of playoff to see who should advance to the final.

Hope this makes some kind of sense.

Had to add this.

And maybe just maybe it would stop some of the allegations of unfair play.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Jun 11 2011 3:13 PM

freepressionist:
    so the only way to compete is to wait til level 80 and get all the top equipment.
    freepressionist:
    so the only way to compete is to wait til level 80 and get all the top equipment.

Hmmn, although I didn't qualify, I shot a 66 today (first  time I've played the course) using my G10 driver and Dove balls.

I see you have the same driver and are using a superior ball.

Do I expect to break 60 with my R11 and Callaways?  No, reason being I've not broke a 60 yet on the courses I know real well.  But my point is, you do have the equipment to shoot a qualifying score, if you have a good enough game, and at the least you are at a level to upgrade your irons to a better set (say the G10's) and be able to compete.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Sat, Jun 11 2011 3:37 PM

freepressionist:

i laugh my behind off!!!!!

what an idiot

FYI, you must have a HCP index 1.4 or lower to even try and attempt to qualify for the US Open.  

I remember a challenge Tiger Woods, put to the masses.  he challenged a 10 HCP or lower to play a USGA US Open Setup course and break 100.  Very few have succeeded in his challenge.   These courses are tough for a reason.  The best players on WGT are qualifying for these opens, and when all said and done the best of the best will win.

Cheers,

b0gey

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Sat, Jun 11 2011 4:40 PM

mnshiner:
    Mr. Stanfill I didn't mean to open up a can of worms on my previous post but now I realize what I said was not what I meant.

Understood Shiner and thanks for chiming back in.  I never took any exception to anything you said as it was merely your opinion, which I respect and think I tastefully added my retort.  Totally different story when some yahoo that couldn't hold my jock in any arena, intellectually or competitively, arbitrarily dubs me an idiot because he's too thick to understand what I said.

Good luck to ya Shiner and I'd be happy to teach you some of tricks of the trade sometime.  I'm keeping friends list at 0 through the Opens for meter purposes but still happy to help you anyway I can.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sat, Jun 11 2011 5:44 PM

decent course....but i'm just sick to f*cking death getting metered on the c*nt.

replay.aspx?ID=948da409 0ea8 453f be35 9f00000b467a

luckily this time it was early on and I was only -4 at the time or else i'd be raging.

i'm gonna stick to Oakmont....BPB, KY and St Andies cause the game seems a lot smoother on them, most likely cause less folks are playing.

tbe

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Jun 11 2011 6:07 PM

thebigeasy707:

i'm gonna stick to Oakmont....BPB, KY and St Andies cause the game seems a lot smoother on them, most likely cause less folks are playing.

tbe

I love the course TBE... yes ya right there... I've noticed the meter lately too... more people are on the course now.   I played the course the first couple of days and had no probs then, find it a bit harder now

cheers

Roger

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Sat, Jun 11 2011 7:45 PM

thebigeasy707:
    decent course....but i'm just sick to f*cking death getting metered on the c*nt.

Doesn't it blow that this has to even be part of the conversation?  I can certainly feel your pain.  Been grinding the RSG Back Nine and Congressional Back Nine CTTH.  Have gone to last hole in each 4 and 5 times respectively needing only to get final shot within 12 feet to take lead.  Each and every time I've had monumental meter glitches even waiting for 5 secs to swing.  Talk about pissed.  It is what it is but I'd like nothing more than to not even have to address the topic.  Hell I'd be happy with no updates or new courses for 2 years if WGT would put all their resources into figuring out a more stable platform.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Sat, Jun 11 2011 8:22 PM

jakestanfill7:
    Hell I'd be happy with no updates or new courses for 2 years if WGT would put all their resources into figuring out a more stable platform.

A BIG Amen to that brother......... even pleading, begging, threatening to quit, computer engineering suggestions and even proving that friends list activities has a negative effect w/meter to WGT, and still falls on deaf ears. sigh 

RSS