Forums

Help › Forums

open scoring..Royal St Georges

Tue, Jun 14 2011 2:30 AM (119 replies)
  • seanobrien
    296 Posts
    Fri, Jun 10 2011 6:06 AM

JohnHancock:

Then I come on here and read how 'easy' it is to hit a 57 or better lol.  Sometimes a little humble pie wouldn't go amiss around here.

The point I was trying to make to the prosecution witnesses in the case of 'You can't shoot sub 60 without cheating' is this:

The winds are moderate, there are no trees, you have to go a long way off line to get into heavy rough, most of the bunkers are not in play, greens are fairly true to the break you see.

Anyone with decent equipment and a bit of experience along with some practice rounds on this course should not struggle to break 60.

I didn't mean to brag about my 57, even though it is my best round ever.

Well actually If I shoot my best round ever I think I will brag.

Whoo-hoo I'm the man - it's good being me etc. - LOL

• theMuttsnutts
    45 Posts
    Fri, Jun 10 2011 7:44 AM

MBaggese:

theMuttsnutts:
     I only want a driver, I've already got a bag...
    theMuttsnutts:

MBaggese:

theMuttsnutts:
    So then you got a driver I can borrow?

Sure, anytime you see my bag laying around, feel free to grab it.

I only want a driver, I've already got a bag...

Anyway just got -2 after 9 (had to play out of my skin then......... ended with............................................... 12+

it was fun up until the 11th when the fairways got longer and the greens were constantly moving around...lol 

Grab the whole thing, my clubs are better than yours.

Lol, no doubt they are, perhaps I should try wildcat... hehe

• mara43
    1,674 Posts
    Fri, Jun 10 2011 7:48 AM

This my first posting....so I might as well attach it onto another Irishman's....!!

I have read alot of the postings over time and a lot of tips & info has been very benefical to improving my game on wgt (used play alot of real golf but now sum what reduced....!!!).   I am currently at Master Tier(L64) av.63.6 and love playing off the Championship tees in the qualifying rounds.....difficult with the longer approach shots but challanging.

First hit off on St.George's posted a 66.....gotta be in the right frame of mind to go lower...!!). Have been close to shooting lower with putts sliding by......

It is easy to see why scores are low as they are posted mainly by people in the Legend Tier.  Longer drives, shorter approach shots and of course hours, months, years of practice. 

If alot of the people who complain actually went and played a Ranked full 18 on each Open Courses at their own Tier level then they would experience what the Legends experience in the qualifying rounds (other than, of course, the stronger winds in the ranked rounds!!)...

There is no reason why people who have hit the Levels where they can purchase the best equipment but not have reached the Legend tier together with plently of practice cannot be competitive.

Anyway, I always considered a posting so that's my tupence worth....bloody addictive game...!!!

Glad to see an Irishman post a 57....!!!!

Up Cork

mara43

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Fri, Jun 10 2011 7:53 AM

gobbog:

I think you're safe at 57, I have a feeling the cut will be around 59 maybe 58. But I'm usually wrong about these things!

Hope I'm right, I'm at 57. Don't feel like grinding out any more rounds to try to get lower.

In same vote 57 day 1 2nd time out. Don`t feel like grinding hard 2 days out to lower it to get in. Much prefer to MP on the cause to get a feel for the main event.

• wildcat18racing6
    420 Posts
    Fri, Jun 10 2011 11:29 AM

themuttsnutts.........You have a brand new driver in your bag. Now get off the damn forum and go shoot a low score lmao

Tobbbia........New set of irons in your bag. I would'nt use back spin with those irons till you get use to the meter speed. back spin will hurt a shot more when it is not dinged than with no back spin. So get use to them first. they are the same meter speed as your wedges.

Good luck to both of you and happy golfing.

P.S. end of offer lol

• wildcat18racing6
    420 Posts
    Fri, Jun 10 2011 11:42 AM

seanobrien:
    Whoo-hoo I'm the man - it's good being me etc. - LOL
    seanobrien:
    I didn't mean to brag about my 57, even though it is my best round ever.
    How many fist pumps did you do after the 18th hole? lol.

• seanobrien
    296 Posts
    Fri, Jun 10 2011 4:10 PM

I had to lie down for a while, that's for sure

• seanobrien
    296 Posts
    Fri, Jun 10 2011 4:14 PM

Good first post. I have to agree with all you said except this bit.

mara43:
    Up Cork

The Dubs to win both the Kick Fighting and the Stick fighting this year (or Gaelic Football and Hurling as they are also known)

I believe both Barack Obama and Prince Philip have been practicing with the hurleys we gave them on their visits here

• theMuttsnutts
    45 Posts
    Fri, Jun 10 2011 4:26 PM

wildcat18racing6:

themuttsnutts.........You have a brand new driver in your bag. Now get off the damn forum and go shoot a low score lmao

Tobbbia........New set of irons in your bag. I would'nt use back spin with those irons till you get use to the meter speed. back spin will hurt a shot more when it is not dinged than with no back spin. So get use to them first. they are the same meter speed as your wedges.

Good luck to both of you and happy golfing.

P.S. end of offer lol

Wildcat your the real WGT lcon....lol.... and its a v2 ... and its almost 6 months to christmas...

timing

x

• RevBigDaddie
    21 Posts
    Fri, Jun 10 2011 5:18 PM

Too low,..but please,...please,...how is it that these new course openers have such low scores? I really would like to know. I've never questioned anyone ability but a (54)

Are there secrets to the game or tidbits about playing someone could help me with? Maybe there's a "Clean" Caddy software out there I'm not aware of and if so,..please send my the web address.

Just saying,..

Rev

RSS