Forums

Help › Forums

Moving on up

Thu, Nov 30 2017 7:16 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Tomahawk3754
    3 Posts
    Wed, Nov 29 2017 1:11 PM

So what's the deal with advancing tiers?

why am I continuing to play people who hit the ball further than me and are on a higher tier but yet they're scoring average is higher than mine?

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Wed, Nov 29 2017 4:14 PM

Tomahawk3754:
    they're

It's "their"...

...and the only one to answer your "why?" question is you! Please take responsibility for your deeds!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Nov 29 2017 4:22 PM

Real helpful, alosso. Crappy advice too, nowhere near what he asked.

My apologies for his nonsense, T.  Moving up tiers is based on your score history, specifically ranked stroke rounds that you finish and post. They're the only thing that affects your average and when your average is low enough and you have enough ranked rounds in, you move up a level and it starts all over. You get a new average.

Search for "advancing tiers" and you'll get a lot to read on it. GL.

• Luckystar5
    1,638 Posts
    Wed, Nov 29 2017 5:08 PM

Also in conjunction with what was said by a baseball fan, do you play a lot of coin games?  When I started playing, I played for coins exclusively.  With no ranked rounds under my belt, I rose all the way to the master rating, but my average stayed at 150. After master you cannot be advanced any higher without ranked rounds played.  You may be playing the same such people, and because they only play for coins, doesn't mean that they can't play a very mean game.  

• Tomahawk3754
    3 Posts
    Wed, Nov 29 2017 6:53 PM

I've played 148 ranked rounds with a scoring avg of 65.55

perhaps based on the above, it's just a matter of more ranked rounds

thanks

• Dave33200
    2,955 Posts
    Wed, Nov 29 2017 7:05 PM

Thank you for your service Chief. GMM2 here from way back when. 

Like others have said, if the people you get matched up with only play coin games their average will not go down till they play ranked games, or WGT Gods think it’s time for them to move up. 

• herbtesla
    5 Posts
    Wed, Nov 29 2017 9:47 PM

Did these fukking faqqots remove my user photo?

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Thu, Nov 30 2017 12:32 AM

YankeeJim:
    My apologies for his nonsense,
    You're welcome to take the blame, but, please, get your advice straight.

FTFY:

YankeeJim:
    ranked stroke rounds that you finish and post. They're NOT the only thing that affects your average

To clarify the "new average" remark, the average resets after tiering up. Furthermore, a higher average gives a hint that a player's game is indeed worse - a good chance for an advantage as a lower tier, perhaps from shorter tees.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Nov 30 2017 5:08 AM

FFS, alosso, your posts are so convoluted and nonsensical you'd be better off speaking in your native tongue and letting the readers use a translator to figure it out. You make zero sense. Your use of the English language is abominable.

alosso:
    YankeeJim:
    ranked stroke rounds that you finish and post. They're NOT the only thing that affects your average

So enlighten us all, what else affects that average?

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Thu, Nov 30 2017 5:33 AM

Zero knowledge speaks of zero sense? ROTFL!

You make yourself look abysmally ignorant:

- matchplay wins against higher tiers,

- credit wins in tournaments.

P.S.

You have been stalking me twice in a row, and now you're trolling - EOD!

• PAGES
RSS