Forums

Help › Forums

HUMANITY

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 13 2017 12:58 PM (1 replies)
  • gonfission
    2,241 Posts
    Tue, Dec 12 2017 7:10 PM

I use a site called Imgur, (Imgur.com) to post some pictures in here. If you're wondering about the human condition, deteriorating into the depths of the Abyssal zone, in the Pacific Ocean, look at this.

32,990 complete strangers, are Secret Santa's this year, on Imgur. There are 195 recognized countries, by the U.N., this year.

Imgur randomly matches people. From new lap tops, I-pads, Celestron telescopes, and much, much more, to a simple set of Dungeon & Dragon dice sets, coffee mugs, pet toys, etc... all up to the giver, how much to give. 

By my standards, I think there is still hope, for all, because of the benevolent actions, of the few.

Today I went to my local bank that is partnering with the YMCA, to help the less fortunate, locally. From I-tunes cards, Play Store cards, Amazon cards, VISA cards, I have accumulated $300.00 of freebies for the deserving. 

I will be going out for more next week. My goal is $500.00 this year. So far I'm the only one at the bank participating, and I feel a little sad about that. I hope the six presents, I gave today, under the tree, will prompt more, to recognize, there are more important things, and more deserving members of our society, than ourselves.

If you can, pay it forward...

All from Santa, my name is unimportant in such matters.

If you want to brighten your day, I suggest you plant a seed, that will forever grow, freely.

It's not about recognition.

You will have given a part of you, left behind, to create a better world. That's no small feat, comparatively, to todays daily carnage.

Merry Christmas & Holiday wishes, to all denominations

☢----------------<*{{{{{-(

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Wed, Dec 13 2017 12:58 PM
    Heartwarming news GF. My wife & I contribute to several small local charities each year, as well as our local version of " Toys for tots ". As you say, it ain't about recognition, it's just about makin' the world a little better by doin' a 'lil somethin' for those less fortunate. Good on ya, Happy Holidays to you & yours & the rest of the WGT community. Doc :)
RSS