Forums

Help › Forums

Divide players for fun from PRos

Thu, Jun 30 2011 6:25 AM (25 replies)
  • DanteGolf
    5 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2011 5:45 AM

Let me see which type of player i am playing against before game starts (see his equipment)... Don't like when i start playing for fun with someone who i can't even match in number of strokes to green by 2.

Don't like quitting so would e fair to see if i am matching players (skills we will see on filed) or i need to spend some cash to be able to play with him.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Jun 22 2011 2:47 AM

Hi

You can see their equipment by going to their profile (search by username).  I am not sure, however, that there is such a clear line exists

-wgticon

• DanteGolf
    5 Posts
    Fri, Jun 24 2011 6:04 AM

WGTicon:

Hi

You can see their equipment by going to their profile (search by username).  I am not sure, however, that there is such a clear line exists

-wgticon

When u organize or join game u can't see equipment from others only when game begins and i pointed that is not a good time to check and decide.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Jun 24 2011 9:44 AM

DanteGolf:

WGTicon:

Hi

-wgticon

When u organize or join game u can't see equipment from others only when game begins and i pointed that is not a good time to check and decide.

\

Oh, i see what you are saying. I am not sure it'll work since players chose equipment at the end. Splitting players also would not work as how exactly do we decide who is who?

-wgticon

• JyBard
    11 Posts
    Fri, Jun 24 2011 10:34 AM

Could there be a limit on Level of equipment? Or just clubs?

i.e. No clubs over level 20 for this match.

And so on.

• dananurs
    3 Posts
    Fri, Jun 24 2011 10:41 AM

surely simply displaying their score average should help

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Fri, Jun 24 2011 10:46 AM

DanteGolf:

Let me see which type of player i am playing against before game starts (see his equipment)... Don't like when i start playing for fun with someone who i can't even match in number of strokes to green by 2.

Don't like quitting so would e fair to see if i am matching players (skills we will see on filed) or i need to spend some cash to be able to play with him.

I consider it a challenge to scramble a win. If you could see their equipment instantly before a match the better players would be annoyed at getting KO'd just for coughing up some money on better clubs. As well as that, don't judge players by their equipment. I've seen Pros with some great equipment shoot badly and Legends with bad equipment shoot badly. 

The moral of the story is, don't judge a player by his equipment.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Fri, Jun 24 2011 11:37 AM

OoooH  I say!

• kev772
    25 Posts
    Fri, Jun 24 2011 1:21 PM

can't they use the handicap system then in wgt  that would even things up 

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Sat, Jun 25 2011 9:48 AM

kev772: