Help › Forums

cheaters!

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 7 2013 11:39 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • AnnieH
    1 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2009 8:36 PM

I am sooooooo sick of guys logging  off as soon as they have a shitty shot! CHEATERS! I played w/ six diff guys today that disconnected as soon as they played a bad hole. This should affect the're standing!

• leetiyler
    101 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 4:51 AM

CHEATERS! I played w/ six diff guys today that disconnected as soon as they played a bad hole. This should affect the're standing!

Annie, that is the state of golf at WGT. The "cheaters" will say they have the right to quit, that they did not contract to play 9 unless the 9 they play is perfect. What I have been doing is if I get a 1 or 2 stroke lead, I hit a bad shot, let them catch up, and then they will not disconnect until the 9th. At the 9th they will disconnect because they do not want to hurt their avg.  Kinda funny, you have to lose to get in 8 holes, but that is the way it is. If you notice, these are the same people who have all the fancy equipment. Some have ego's so big that they allow bad behavior rule

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 7:09 AM

"It should affect their standing".

What standing would that be?   There are no prizes for having a low average.   You don't win tournaments or their associated prizes or credits by having a low average.   If you're looking for some sort of stat on whether or not players finish their rounds, that's a feature that will be implemented in the future.

Personally, I don't see what the fascination is people here have with their "average".

• TarheelsRule
    5,552 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 7:48 AM

It is frustrating to play a round and have the other 3 drop out as soon as they make a bogey but as someone mentioned so what, there are no real prizes of any large amount.  I view it similar to the real golfer who never turns in a scorecard unless he has a good round.  There is a fasination with having the lowest handicap or scoring average on WGT.  I would like the site to penalize people who quit during their rounds (ranked rounds) but I don't know how this can be done. 

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 8:11 AM

WGT seems to be addressing the issue. 

Read this.

• leetiyler
    101 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 8:41 AM

Personally, I don't see what the fascination is people here have with their "average

You can sum it up in one word "very large ego's"

• JoshJJ18
    2 Posts
    Fri, Jun 7 2013 10:39 AM

AnnieH:

I am sooooooo sick of guys logging  off as soon as they have a shitty shot! CHEATERS! I played w/ six diff guys today that disconnected as soon as they played a bad hole. This should affect the're standing!

I agree with you 100%. Please WGT do something about cheaters and quitters. I love this game, but makes me only want to play single play unless I know the player or have played with them b4. Any true honest players who love to play send me a friend request. I would happily accept. 

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Jun 7 2013 10:59 AM

AnnieH:
    I played w/ six diff guys today that disconnected as soon as they played a bad hole

Adam (TurkishTerror)...want to field this one?

Seriously though, make a friends list, join a CC and play with friends, etc...seems to eliminate a lot of aggravation.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, Jun 7 2013 11:16 AM

I was still at school when this thread started.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Jun 7 2013 11:28 AM

courteneyfish:

I was still at school when this thread started.

Dang, didn't even notice that!

• PAGES
RSS