Forums

Help › Forums

Views on Game Clock / Slow Play

rated by 0 users
Fri, Feb 2 2018 10:10 AM (0 replies)
  • Premed
    776 Posts
    Fri, Feb 2 2018 10:10 AM

Just played a match play game against a nice enough chap, a master & he set up the game, a 45 sec shot clock.

After a few holes he had a bit of a moan that "I sure knew how to use up all the clock", so I replied with my usual quip when accused of slow play, " I haven't exceeded the time on the clock once, & you picked the shot timer"

Then he moaned a bit more, so I again used one of my standard quips "why don't you set up with 30 sec clock if u want fast play"

That was the end of discussion & we both just got on with it, me ahead comfortably when I realized it was an 18 hole game and not the 9 as I had assumed.

So that meant we had a bit more time to play & chat and he seemed nice enough then , exchanging pleasantries etc

Then I got a phone call, from a jobs agency. Been out of work for a couple of weeks so it was important & needed my full attention, alas I didn't get the job. However it meant that I missed taking my shot, to be honest I was very close to just ditching the game. When i finally took my shot I had to sheepishly apologize for my slow play, explaining the call I got I was expecting a barrage of abuse & to not really be believed (we all get the I had an urgent thing line from other players), but no, he was really nice

So I would just like to acknowledge a nice guy when I meet one, Tnx for the game f

Just played a match play game against a nice enough chap, a master & he set up the game, a 45 sec shot clock.

After a few holes he had a bit of a moan that "I sure knew how to use up all the clock", so I replied with my usual quip when accused of slow play, " I havn't exceeded the time on the clock once, & you picked the shot timer"

Then he moaned a bit more, so I again used one of my standard quips "why don't you set up with 30 sec clock if u want fast play"

That was the end of discussion & we both just got on with it, me ahead comfortably when I realized it was an 18 hole game and not the 9 as I had assumed.

So that meant we had a bit more time to play & chat and he seemed nice enough then , exchanging pleasantries etc

Then I got a phone call, from a jobs agency. Been out of work for a couple of weeks so it was important & needed my full attention, alas I didn't get the job. However it meant that I missed taking my shot, to be honest I was very close to just ditching the game. When i finally took my shot I had to sheepishly apologize for my slow play, explaining the call I got I was expecting a barrage of abuse & to not really be believed (we all get the I had an urgent thing line from other players), but no, he was really nice

So I would just like to acknowledge a nice guy when I meet one, Tnx for the game     blakeney48

RSS