Forums

Help › Forums

Notable

Sun, Feb 4 2018 8:48 AM (5 replies)
  • gonfission
    2,241 Posts
    Sun, Feb 4 2018 5:59 AM

Naomi Parker aka Rosie the Riveter, passed away January 20th of 2018. She inspired so many young women, with her iconic poster. She was 96. I haven't seen a lot of press on this, and sadly, I only just now learned of this. I wanted to take the time to honor her.

RIP Rosie

Part of the greatest generation, this country has ever marginalized

☢-----------------<*{{{{{-(

• gonfission
    2,241 Posts
    Sun, Feb 4 2018 6:22 AM

• Dave33200
    2,955 Posts
    Sun, Feb 4 2018 8:48 AM

For what it worth, this was all over my home page (MSN) when it happened.

But regardless we all owe her & the thousands of other like her who stood up to the challenge of uncertainty doing something they had little knowledge about. Who knows what the out come could have been without them, they helped win the war and we owe them the much deep respect they they deserve.

Thanks for posting. 

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sun, Feb 4 2018 10:43 AM

gonfission:

Naomi Parker aka Rosie the Riveter, passed away January 20th of 2018. She inspired so many young women, with her iconic poster. She was 96. I haven't seen a lot of press on this, and sadly, I only just now learned of this. I wanted to take the time to honor her.

RIP Rosie

Part of the greatest generation, this country has ever marginalized

☢-----------------<*{{{{{-(

There was quite a bit said about it in St. Louis area news for a few days....

Sadly, it was because she had a grandaughter living here more so than what she did!

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sun, Feb 4 2018 10:54 AM

dbl post

RSS