Forums

Help › Forums

Need help from MAC people

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 21 2011 6:11 AM (7 replies)
  • Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sun, Jun 19 2011 9:50 AM

Here is the story. I play on a crappy Dell laptop and it works very well. I can pull apart PC's and troubleshoot problems on them no problem.

I just bought my wife a new IMAC

I7 quad core processor

12 Gigs of RAM

1.5 Gig video card.

The problem I am have is the mouse is, to say the least, not responsive and tends to interact with the game client strangely.

I have tried 3 different mice and tried tweaking the settings for the mouse in the preferences menu but nothing helps.

Has anyone had this issue?

Thanks

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Jun 19 2011 3:03 PM

Soul... Wireless Mouse?

I know someone who plays on his Mac and doesn't have the issues that you're having... his mouse is attached.

• BenRC
    381 Posts
    Sun, Jun 19 2011 3:47 PM

I play on an IMac, bout 3 mos old, and use a wireless mouse and not nary a problem.Im able to play with total confidence and the game play is silky smooth...im fortunate.That being said,and not being very tech savy, iwould say that very possibly it could be your mouse.If I've really actually experienced any small glitch, it seems like it may have been mouse related.Remember,you have a high end system, not a lot can go wrong.I simply brought it home,plugged it in and away I went... Good Luck

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sun, Jun 19 2011 4:35 PM

This is what is driving me nuts......

I can't believe that all three mice (two wired and one wireless) are all faulty.

• DarSum
    1,440 Posts
    Mon, Jun 20 2011 6:28 AM

Can you describe the problems?

I play on both a MacPro Tower and an iMac and don't have any issues except the rare meter issues.

What browser are you using? Safari is by far the best for ME. I've tried them all. Firefox works well, too. But seems to have more meter issues and isn't as smooth as Safari. Chrome did not work well at all. The mouse click is delayed for some odd reason.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Mon, Jun 20 2011 7:10 AM

DarSum:
    The mouse click is delayed for some odd reason.

This is the issue that I am having. I have tried Safari and Firefox, with Safari being slightly better

I switched which usb port I was using and it seems to be better.

There are still some scrolling issues. Club changes seem to be almost random with the scroll wheel.

I am going to pick up a RAZER Orochi on the way home from work as it seems to be rated the best for MACs.

I'll keep you updated.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Mon, Jun 20 2011 2:20 PM

Hah..... I win.

The new mouse is amazing.

The meter is smooth as silk.... not one blip so far.

Things I have learned

1. Mac's have a problem with mice that report over 125htz which equates to about once every 8milliseconds.

2. The window size is completely opposite to PC. On a PC opening the game client in a new tab at full screen uses less system resources than having a window open with your desktop showing because the computer still has to process the desktop.

I still have problems if I max the browser window with the mac.... click is unresponsive, but if I make it slightly smaller it is perfect.

Thanks to everyone that responded to this thread.

If I have any meter glitches on this machine I will post in this thread. If I don't, it really deflates the 'fix the fkn meter' threads.

Happy hitting

• DarSum
    1,440 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2011 6:11 AM

Good to hear SC. My meter is smooth 99% of the time. The problem is you get so used to having that smooth meter that when I do get a spike or a studder it ends up costing me dearly.

RSS