Going to the local store

Wed, Feb 7 2018 7:55 PM (6 replies)
  • gonfission
    2,241 Posts
    Wed, Feb 7 2018 5:40 AM

Elon Musk has done the remarkable

He sent this car, (HIS) to orbit Mars

This mannequin is placed in this position for the duration of the trip

There is a funny reference in this picture as well as something in the glove compartment to go alone with it.

Guess both, and know you won an education...

These are his booster rockets returning in an upright position, to terra firma.

Saving millions of dollars in the launching capability's of Space X's bright new future.

Gotta hand it to a man, that can build the best damn batteries in the world, then, build the best damn electric car, in the world, then, shoot said car into orbit, around ANOTHER world.

Mars, meet Roadster

DAY UM!

☢---------------------<*{{{{{-(

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Wed, Feb 7 2018 7:09 AM

Wouldn't be a towel tucked in there by any chance, would it?

And even better would be if Elon had simply put a Tesla skin on an old UK Ford...   ;-) 

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Wed, Feb 7 2018 7:09 AM

The reference is to Douglas Adams' wonderful trilogy (in 5 parts) The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I can only guess that there will be a towel in the glove compartment...another reference to the same books.

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Wed, Feb 7 2018 7:11 AM

gonfission:

Gotta hand it to a man, that can build the best damn batteries in the world, then, build the best damn electric car, in the world, then, shoot said car into orbit, around ANOTHER world.

Mars, meet Roadster

DAY UM!

☢---------------------<*{{{{{-(

I read this morning that they slightly overshot for an orbit around Mars, so it's going to end up past the asteroid belt closer to Jupiter.

Another fun question: What song was playing on the car stereo? I expect Paulton to get this!

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Wed, Feb 7 2018 7:40 AM

bery111:
    Another fun question: What song was playing on the car stereo? I expect Paulton to get this!
    http://ultimateclassicrock.com/spacex-falcon-heavy-david-bowie/

• gonfission
    2,241 Posts
    Wed, Feb 7 2018 4:34 PM

Jerm65:
    Wouldn't be a towel tucked in there by any chance, would it?

Another aficionado of "The Hitchhikers Guild To The Galaxy I see.

Well done Jerm

bery111:
    The reference is to Douglas Adams' wonderful trilogy (in 5 parts) The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

A second connoisseur of good literature

Good 1 berry

bery111:
    I read this morning that they slightly overshot for an orbit around Mars, so it's going to end up past the asteroid belt closer to Jupiter.

Well, they say it's not the destination, it's the journey itself.

What a trip

Before I read Zio's link, I knew it had to be "Major Tom" by David Bowie

Who could make an epic trip, such as that, without Major Tom at the helm?

Anyone holding stock in NASA, better start selling QUICKLY!!

☢----------------------<*{{{{{-(

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Wed, Feb 7 2018 7:55 PM

From conception to initialiazation, this was just too cool for school! As we continue to deplete our planets resources through over population and greed, perhaps our neighbors out there, wouldn't mind if we get a little of theirs.

And, of course, y'all know who'd be drivin' that car if Dennis were still here.

Doc :)

RSS