Forums

Help › Forums

flagged a quitter

Wed, Feb 21 2018 8:32 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • gerbilinmycan
    3 Posts
    Fri, Feb 16 2018 8:47 PM

How do I get this blackmark against me removed ? I have terrible connection problems playing from my job. I do not quit and you ask a majority of the people on my friends list that I do not quit .I play out my alt games and was trying my best to become a better player.I have spent money on equipment and now cant get a decent game going. The only matches I get now are with perv's that this site should do a better job removing

Thank you to anyone that can help

Gina

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sat, Feb 17 2018 10:10 AM
    Go play & finish around 20 Blitz games Gina....a green 'tick' in no time ;)

Andy

• callaghan159
    6,313 Posts
    Sat, Feb 17 2018 11:55 AM

gerbilinmycan:
    I have terrible connection problems playing from my job.

1)--maybe get a better connection 
    2)-- shouldn't you be working and not playing WGT
    3)--maybe a better job with better connection

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Sat, Feb 17 2018 10:30 PM

alcaucin:
    Did it ever work in your experience?

Mine is opposite. Trying to help a friend left both of us with nothing but five counts against us :(

@Gina: AFAIS, you aren't branded a quitter but as so. who doesn't finish games. The badge is rightly and neutrally named "Completion %".  Alas, apart from the moral POV, it's the same for your co-players: Games will fail to a certain extent, which is no fun as you will know well.

My two Pfennig: Don't play MPs from that internet link.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Feb 18 2018 1:03 AM

alosso:
    alcaucin:
    Did it ever work in your experience?

If memory serves it did....

Back when it was in actual % terms, there was a rash of 'unexpected errors' happening across the board ( probably after an update ;/ ) and I dropped below 90%, pretty sure I played blitz to get it up to 92% again.

Though it only took 4 or 5 games as the system was new.

If Gina has had the problem for ages then it may take many more games to raise that %% ( like our stats ). I remember They did lower the percentage when the 'tick' system came in though,wasn't it around 60% completion gets you green ?

alosso:
    Mine is opposite. Trying to help a friend left both of us with nothing but five counts against us :(

How did that happen ? lol

• gherkinhead1
    246 Posts
    Sun, Feb 18 2018 2:10 AM

You shouldn't be playing at work.

I telling your boss.

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Sun, Feb 18 2018 4:20 AM

alcaucin:
    I remember They did lower the percentage when the 'tick' system came in though,wasn't it around 60% completion gets you green ?
    I don't know any numbers, old or new.

alcaucin:
    How did that happen ? lol
    Sad story, apart from the friendly effort.

At some time in 2017, Yancy wanted to raise his status, so I agreed to play a few Blitz with him. Then, Alanti joined us, seeing us green. But we never came to finish a single game in two or three - discons over and over. After five efforts, I called it a day - we were only losing %% :(

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Sun, Feb 18 2018 7:33 AM

gerbilinmycan:

How do I get this blackmark against me removed ? I have terrible connection problems playing from my job. I do not quit and you ask a majority of the people on my friends list that I do not quit .I play out my alt games and was trying my best to become a better player.I have spent money on equipment and now cant get a decent game going. The only matches I get now are with perv's that this site should do a better job removing

Thank you to anyone that can help

Gina

#1 Stop playing from your job . You know the connection is terrible , so why keep shooting yourself in the foot . Save the game play until you get home and can play with better connection .

# 2 Change your profile pic . For some reason when guys see a female pic they act like this is a dating site . Even if its a fake picture they start looking for a hook up . So change your pic to something that isnt you or doesnt reflect a female at all . That should stop the pervs from hitting on you . Start with a male avatar and use its profile pic and see how that works .

• gonfission
    2,241 Posts
    Sun, Feb 18 2018 7:59 AM

Prodigious name

Props sent, for the courage

How can the obvious go unnoticed here?

Take the gerbil out of ur can

Maybe the unaccounted twitch clicking causality, will stop  ("-")

Just a thought

☢--------------<*{{{{{-(

• AlaskanDame
    19,418 Posts
    Sun, Feb 18 2018 9:52 AM
    lonniescott711:

# 2 Change your profile pic . For some reason when guys see a female pic they act like this is a dating site . Even if its a fake picture they start looking for a hook up . So change your pic to something that isnt you or doesnt reflect a female at all . That should stop the pervs from hitting on you . Start with a male avatar and use its profile pic and see how that works .

Well, I guess that's one way, but the best way to avoid pervs, imho and based on loooong experience, is to join a well-established Country Club whose members are filtered for reasonable friendliness and for playing of golf in the genteel spirit of the game. Invitation sent.
  • PAGES
RSS